Chapter 82

If Tom Riddle wanted to find her, he will find a way...

And he did.  

He found her sitting by a rock by the Black Lake, half-mindedly reading her Charms Textbook. 

He placed a hand on her shoulder, and her whole body shook.  

"What do you want?" She asked. "I thought we were done, Tom Riddle."  

He sighed. He wanted to stay away, he really did.....

"Is it really his?" He asked, concise and right to the point. She laughed. Of course, that's all he cared about. Not that if she or the child was well, but that. 

To her, all Tom Riddle cared was damage control.  

"It is." She looked him in his dark eyes and lied right through her teeth. For a moment, and not a second longer, a flash of emotion sparked across his eyes. "What is it to you?"

Tom Riddle couldn't control himself any longer. He had promised himself that he would stay away, but this was different. The moment he heard the news, he had thrown a chair across the room...it wasn't true, it simply wasn't. 

He punched a wall, making his fist bleed. 

For her sake, he closed one eye to her relationship with Gabriel...but to have a child with his half-brother, that was a different matter. Monstrous jealousy brewed inside him. 

A part of him will always, always lay claim to her.  

He wasn't a perfect devil, that Tom Riddle. In ways, he was still a boy. He felt that he had first dibs on something, and he couldn't let it get away. 

He wanted her so desperately, so much so that he took off the mask of ice and ran to her. He was selfish, after all...It was only so long before his self-less exterior of staying away could keep up, so long before it crumbled to desire. 

He took a knee next to her, and examined her face. He couldn't figure out what she was thinking. He reached out to touch her, but she inched away.   

"Are you absolutely sure?" He asked, trying to find her eyes, but she wouldn't look at him anymore. "Are you-" He grabbed her arm, but she yanked his cold hands away. 

"Yes!" She cried, pushing him away. "Yes. It's not your's, Tom Riddle, if that's what you're thinking." She wanted to be cruel. She didn't know how to, but she wanted to. Standing in front of her was the boy who has taken everything from her and walked away without mercy. If she collected all the tears she cried for him, she could fill up the lake with her melancholy. 

All the scars, the blood, the suicidal thoughts, the pain...She spent the very best of her years trying to melt a glacier with her warms, yet all she got was hopeless frostbite. 

She wanted to tell him how much she despised him, how much she wanted to never, ever see him again, but those words were stuck in her throat. He looked at her with unusual emotion in his eyes, pleading her, but she reminded herself not to fall for those cheap tricks again.   

Once upon a time, as they stood by the same lake, he promised her the world. Now, the fantasy has faded into flames. 

"Do you remember what you said to me, here?" She asked quietly. 

He remembers every word, from start to finish.  

"You promised me the world, Tom Riddle." She said. "I didn't even want the world, you know. All I ever wanted was your-nevermind. That word isn't even in your vocabulary, is it?" She asked him.