Chapter 53

I got ice in my veins,

blood in my eyes....

................................................

Cassie woke up feeling dizzy and unwell.

Abigail still slept on the bed across form hers, though not sleeping. She thought for a whole 2 weeks of a million ways to apologize.  

Between her and Cassie, there was only silence. Abigail would try to reconcile with her, but Cassie turned away and shut herself out. 

"Cass..." Abigail began, and Cassie rolled her eyes. 

"I'm not going to forgive you yet." She mumbled.  

Cassie went about her day as usual, attending classes, going to lunch. After lunch, however, the nausea began to hit her. She rushed to the girls bathroom and hurled in the toilet. 

"You okay in there?" Penny asked. Since the fight with Abigail, Cassie had been avoiding her old friends and hanging beside Penny and her entourage. 

"Not really." Cassie came out and looked at herself in the mirror. Her hair was messy, disheveled. She straightened her collar and brushed a strand of hair back. Cassie sighed. She did not like the person she had become in the past weeks. She lost the air of her usual, bubbly self and lost herself in jealousy and self-hatred. 

"Cheer up, sweetie." Penny said. Penny walked closer to her and undid her hair. "Your hair is a mess. Let me fix it for you."  

Cassie nodded. Penny brushed through Cassie's long blonde locks with a hairbrush. 

"Wipe those tears. Your mascara'll run." She said gently.  

"Thank you...for being here." Cassie  

Penny nodded. "No problem. In times like these, you see who your real friends are." She reminded. 

Cassie sighed. 

"Thinking about him again?" Penny asked. 

"No."

"Come on...I know you are. Don't lie to me." 

"he-he's so in love with her...I saw them today." Cassie sobbed. 

Penny began to braid the long blonde locks in her hands. "Take him from her then." 

"It's impossible." 

"Impossible? Please. You're not trying hard enough. Give it all you got and you have a chance of winning." 

"What-what do you mean?" 

"C'mon, Cassie. You were her best friend for years. You must have something up your sleeve."

"No. I'm not going to hurt her. I-I'm angry with her...but I'm not going to do anything stupid." 

Penny laughed and shook her head. "Poor thing. Poor, poor thing. You're still defending her after all of this? After what she did to you?" 

"I don't know, Penny. Abigail...she's not that bad... I don't want to believe everything I hear about her."   

"Here. Wipe those tears." Penny said, handing her a tissue. "Don't let them see you crying. don't give her that kind of satisfaction."  

Cassie turned to leave. 

"Keep your head up. You haven't lost yet. You have the power, Cassie. She craves your acceptance, and that makes her weak. You have the power to ruin her and get everything that's rightfully yours." Penny said.