fifty eight

[a/n. 8.5k reads!! a small milestone but a milestone nonetheless! that is a lot of numbers for me, thank u all <3]

carey;

"Harry sit down." Is the first thing I say as I anxiously watch him pace around my small house. He doesn't sit though, he continues to walk his anger off, eyes looking everywhere but mine. He walks straight into the kitchen, mindlessly opening the cabinet and grabbing a bottle of vodka. I'm quick on my feet, running over to him and stealing the bottle out of his hands.

"Okay no, you can't just drink your life away." I say, pulling the bottle behind my back. I expect him to yell at me for doing so, but he's not an alcoholic like my mum, at least not yet. "Why not? You do it too." He says, eyeing out the other bottles in the cabinet.

With my free hand, I close the lightweight door, snapping his attention over to me. "Because I can't fix my problems. You can." I tell him. It's not entirely true, but I don't want to let Harry down the path of letting alcohol and drugs fix his problems. He gives me a look, to tell me that he knows I'm just trying to make him calm down and not really helping his situation.

"I can't fix toxic love." He says sadly, like he has no more faith for anyone in the world. He walks out of the kitchen, pacing with himself again. "Please sit down you're making me anxious." I ask, following him out of the kitchen like a puppy, placing the bottle down on the counter. "The only person who can fix toxic love are the ones in it. Don't feel like you have to be the hero of a story you're not in." I tell him but he's ignoring everything I'm saying.

"I have to. She isn't listening to me! I know what's right for her." He says close minded.

"As fucked up as the situation is, you can't enforce feelings onto someone. You can't change the way she feels." I say honestly and he just huffs, sitting down aggressively onto the dining table chair.

"I know I can't and that's what pisses me off." He grunts. Complete silence fills the entire house, only small sounds of wind outside and a few creaks of the old wood are to be heard.

I don't know what else I can say. I've never dealt with this situation before, usually I'm the one in Harry's position and Nessa is the one in mine. I'm trying to trace back to the times where I've been incredibly pissed off at my mum and Nessa's been the one who's helped me not go ape shit - but nothing is coming to mind.

I'm trying to understand his situation but it's hard when I know barely anything. All I know is that his dad is trying to weave his way back into his life by using his mum. That shit is tough, I know it is, but what the fuck can I do?

I can't be a match maker for a torn family, hell I have my own to start with. If I can't fix myself, how can I fix him?

"You don't understand." Harry says quietly and I almost barely hear it. The words kind of hurt, but they're true. I don't understand his situation, but I can at least try to. "No, I don't." I reply back honestly. I wish I did though, I wish I was the one to help him.

"Then stop pretending like you do!" He exclaims quite rudely and I swear a fireball of rage just went off in my head and it's spreading all over my body.

"What? Are you being serious right now?!" I ask, voice louder than before.

"Yes! You're just pitying me, making me feel pathetic." He says with a roll of his raged out eyes. Now, he's pissing me off. "Harry what the fuck? You know that's not what I'm doing!" I say with a flail of my arms.

"No, I know you are just trying to make me shut up." The words spit out his mouth and I let out a huff of angered air. He looks down at his feet before he turns up to look at me. "You're not the only one with problems Carey."