forty

[shoutout to those readers who are voting and commenting! i see u all and i appreciate u sm x] 

My eyes slowly flutter open as the obnoxious downpour of rain interrupts my sleep. A loud roar of thunder erupts out of nowhere, making Harry groan in annoyance. His arm was still warmly wrapped around my body as we slept. I feel the familiar pounding in my head from my bad choices last night, regretting all of them right now.

"Time?" Harry's deep voice croaks next to my ear. I shrug my shoulders. I have no idea where my pants are let alone my phone. Harry huffs and breaks away from our position, stretching his long body. 

He reaches over to his bedside table furiously tapping it until he finds a phone. He turns it on and the bright light makes us both groan in dissatisfaction. My eyes adjust to the brightness reading that it was around 3 in the afternoon.

Another rapture of thunder interrupts the quiet in the room, yet it's also kind of relaxing. A wave of memories flash through my head as I try to piece a few puzzles together. My heart skips a beat when I remember Liam walking in on us. An annoying pang of anger hits me at the thought of Harry and I not being cautious enough.

"I feel so sick." Harry moans, holding his head in pain.

"Same." I agree, feeling like death too. Harry turns over a little, propping himself up on his elbow as I wrap myself up in the blanket to cover my bare chest. A playful smirk paints itself on his face and he leans in to kiss me but I pull away, leaving him pouting.

"I'm still mad at you." I say and he cocks an eyebrow.

"Huh? Why- Oh.. Still?"

"What do you mean still?" As if I was just going to forget about Liam walking in and Harry not giving a two shits about it.

"Oh my days Carey it's fine stop thinking about it." Harry says and I stare at him.

"I don't understand why you freaked out about Liam catching you touching my head but you're fine when he walks in on us fucking." I say, feeling like I've let out all of my thoughts.

"Because even if Liam does tell Ethan, as if your brother is going to believe that we had sex. He still thinks we hate each other." He answers and I shake my head in disbelief.

"Your thought process is really confusing Harry. You need to lay off the bud." I say jokingly making Harry almost giggle.

"You're making my head spin." He says, getting up from the bed revealing that he was only in his boxers. I roll my eyes at his comment even though he can't see as he leaves me alone in his room. I slip out from the warm sheets and scavenger the floor for clothes. I don't understand why drunk me decided to sleep naked. I'm not drinking tequila again, that's for sure.

My eyes land on a pair of Harry's grey sweats, quickly pulling them up my legs before tugging on one of his black jumpers. I make my way downstairs where I hear Harry dropping something in his kitchen. I muffle a laugh before heading into the room.

"Damn it you're not naked anymore." Harry says picking up the water bottle from the floor which I assumed he dropped.

"Sucks." I shrug, looking through the mess on the kitchen counter.

"Do you wanna help clean up?" He asks after taking a sip from the bottle.

"Does it look like I want to?" I respond, looking at Harry in the most displeased expression I can pull. A crack of lightning followed by the downpour of rain catches my attention.

Harry rolls his eyes and pulls out a rubbish bag from a drawer, quickly hurling all the plastic cups and other junk into the bag. The thunderstorm outside only gets worse and I cringe on how I'm going to get home. I put the bottle lids back on the liquor bottles that still have some contents left in them and throwing the ones that were empty out.