fifty nine

School's back in session. I've been dreading the last few days of the holidays, not excited or happy at all that I'd have to go back. It's almost half way through the year and the thought of having to go back for another full year makes my head throb. The consideration of dropping out has become a daily occurrence in my head, and I'm ready to do it.

Ethan has finally returned home from fucking Liverpool. I wasn't all that surprised when he told me he was out with mates doing 'business' in Liverpool during the break. He's managed to gather up a large sum of money doing whatever he was doing. This morning he slid me a wad of cash and a coffee for 'taking care of the house whilst I was gone,' whatever that means.

I know that he's trying to hide any evidence of whatever he was doing in Liverpool by discarding as much cash as possible. I'm not complaining though. I didn't ask any more questions. I shoved the stack into my bag, sipped my coffee and continued on my day.

Harry's gone back to his home now, after a few days of moping around and being whiny. He hasn't come crawling back, at least not yet. He's managed to sort shit out with his mum and whatever the hell is going on in his home. Again, I don't ask him any questions about it. In my small time with Harry I've come to realise less is more; especially with questions.

Being on his good side is far better than being on the bad side.

I spot Nessa when I pull up into the school car-park. I get out of my car quick and ignore the wrath of the cold. I run over to her, placing my hands on the back of her unexpecting shoulders.

Her body jumps and turns around fast, her eyes wide open looking at me in shock. "Oh my days Carey, you scared the living daylights out of me!" She exclaims, placing a hand over her chest and letting out a loud sigh. A laugh falls from my mouth at her reaction before she pulls me in for a hug. "I missed you asshole." She says through a smile on her face.

"I saw you two days ago." I tell her and she shrugs her shoulders when she pulls away. "Two days too long." She says and looks past my shoulder. 

"Where's your little pet?" She asks referring to the absence of Harry.

"I dunno, but I don't wanna wait out in the freezing cold to find out." I say, grabbing on her arm as we walk into the dreaded school doors. We're not as late as we usually are which is a shocking surprise. Not only to us but also to the confused faces of our classmates as we pass them.

I grab my books from my locker for the first class of the day, which I'm, thankful that I have Nessa with me. I'd be lying if I said I had done homework during the holiday. But to be honest, I haven't even opened my bag since the moment I had put it down. 

We make it to class on time, taking our preferred seating towards the back of the cold room. If this school wasn't so poor, we could afford to put working heating systems in the classrooms. But that's only a dream. 

Of course being the unorganised mess that I am, I've completely forgotten to charge my laptop let alone bring it to class. First days always run super great for me. I do however, manage to bum the answers off of Nessa who has copied them from someone else. This is how I've managed to 'pass' through all my school years - through the successful train of copying. 

There's nothing wrong with changing the answer a little bit. Personal opinion; I like to mix my answers up so my persona remains the same on paper as it is in person. Our teacher arrives not too long after I've finished finalising my answers.

He's impressed to say the least when I submit the paper to him. One oblivious teacher down, a few more to go. When it gets to our first break, I try to be as discreet as possible when trying to eye out Harry on the field. The absence of the dark clothed man makes my mind twirl in a bit of confusion.