fifty*

harry;

"Harry!" Carey's big brown eyes look up at me, a string of curse words following. Her body trashes underneath mine as I spill into the condom, gripping tightly onto the unfamiliar bed sheets. My body collapses on top of hers, my breathing out of pattern. 

Both of us try hard to catch our breaths, gasping loudly for air. I roll off of Carey both of us breathing heavily in silence for a few moments.

"That was better than taking my maths test." Carey says, sitting up on her bed.

"Well I'd hope so."

She giggles, getting off of the bed to put her clothes back on. I roll the condom off and wrap it in a few tissues before aiming it in her bin. It successfully lands in and I cheer, Carey rolling her eyes.

"Wanna go for another round?" I smirk and Carey raises her brows at me, kicking her old converse on her feet.

"Not really. Also you'll have to leave soon." She tells me as I tiredly stand to my feet. I really don't want to leave. For the past week, I've been ignoring my mum's calls, blocking her number off my phone. I haven't slept at home in a while. I've been crashing at Ethan's and also Liam's.

I haven't driven past my house either. The only way I've been getting clothes is Liam sneaking into my house to get some for me. I've also been giving myself detentions so I didn't have to put myself through going back home. Carey understood me the most. Knew what it was like to be in a fight with your mum and not wanting to live under their roof.

I lazily pull my boxer briefs back up my legs, throwing my t-shirt on as well. Carey notices me basically sulking as I tug my jeans up my legs, walking over to me.

"Harry, I know you don't want to leave but you have to. Firstly because my brother will be back any second and secondly you can't just house hop for the rest of your life." She says, gently placing her hand on my arm.

"I don't wanna go home. Not yet. I'm not ready." My voice becomes unintentionally soft as I express what I'm feeling. Carey steps closer to me in a comforting manner.

"I know what you're going through. If I had to choose between being homeless and living under the same roof as both of my parents, you'd find me camping at the park bench." She smiles, making me chuckle a little in response.

"But you have to go home. I've been in your position where I've refused to go home. Nessa literally dragged me into my house to hear my mum out when she kicked me out." She tells me, both of us sitting back on her messy bed.

"Can you come with me? Just in case I need to leave again." I ask. I sound pathetic and weak, very unlike myself. But how could I just face my mother after she basically admitted to wanting to get back with my abusive father? I wasn't going to accept her idea with open arms.

I still can't even fathom how someone would want to get back together with the guy who abused them and their children. Talk about some twisted love.

"Yeah, of course. I'll wait outside though. No offence, but I don't want to get involved with this drama." She smiles, grasping my hand with hers. I smile back, pulling my lip ring between my teeth.

.

The drive to my house consisted of me wanting to jump out the window every 5 seconds and Carey telling me that if I so much as hesitated when I get out of the car that she'd pull me in by my earlobes. Carey parks her car outside of my house and I anxiously sit back in the seat.

"Carey, I don't want to see her." I say referring to my mum.

"Harry, you have to let her explain-"

"But there is no explanation for what she's doing!" I interrupt and Carey raises her brows at me.

"I know but she is your mother. You two have a loving bond." She says and I know that she's a little jealous. I go to stop her again but she keeps talking. "Look if you really don't want to talk to her just at least go in and tell her that you're fine."

"Fine."

"Now, go. I'll be out here." Carey says and I look at her bossy face.

I lean over the handbrake to plant a kiss on her lips. She kisses me back before I pull away to open the car door.

The walk from the car to the front door feels like the longest path I've ever walked. I shove my hands into the pockets on my jeans, walking up to the large front door. I turn around to double check Carey hasn't driven off on me. Thankfully, she hasn't.

I bring my hands up to the doorbell, ringing it only once. Luckily that's all it takes until the door opens to face my mum with a shocked expression on her face. My stomach turns a little because all I saw when I looked at her was my dad.

"Harry." She says, opening the door wider to let me in. However, I don't move.

I don't know even know what I want to stay. I feel like I have nothing to say, other than 'Why?'

"Come in." She says now stepping out of the way.

I shake my head. Why the hell would I want to go inside? I'm beginning to regret coming back up here. I should've just launched myself out of Carey's car.

"Harry I just want to talk, to explain some things that I think you got muddled up.." She begins and I don't want to hear the rest of it.

"Muddle up? I don't think it's that difficult to mix up you wanting to get back with dad." I scowl and a small frown plays on her lips.

"Will you let me explain myself? Please." 

"What is there to explain?" I begin, "he never loved you or any of us. I just don't understand why you want to get back with that disgusting piece of shit. If I haven't made it clear already, he beat the shit out of us. God knows what else he did to you-"

She cuts me off telling me that, "you don't understand." I stare at her in shock. How could someone be this naive?

"No mum, you don't understand. You don't understand what you will be doing if you bring him back into our lives. You don't realise that you'll pull our family back under a tyrant's reign." I try not to yell despite the anger literally seething out of my body and my words. 

"He has changed!" 

"No one with that mentality changes! It's one thing to hit someone out of anger but when it's your family that you are abusing, that is a completely different story! I don't give a fucking shit if he's tried to clean up his act! Nothing will ever make me forget what he did to us!" I yell. I don't feel bad that I've scared her with raising my voice, even though I should.

She doesn't say anything back, because she knows I'm right. After what seems like hours of standing in complete silence, I begin to turn away but her voice stops me.

"Why did you come here?"

"To ask you to stop calling my phone. And that I don't want to speak with you until you replace the rocks in your head with a few brain cells to realise what mistakes you are making." I say, turning on my heel and walking back to Carey's car.

I aggressively open the passenger door, sliding my body onto the seat.

"You wanna talk about it?" Her soft voice almost rids any anger that has been fuelled up in my blood.

"No." I shake my head and Carey starts the car.

"Wanna get drunk?" She asks and I nod my head, smiling a little.