forty seven

harry;

I wake up to a familiar pounding in my head, my eyes slowly flickering open to reveal my dark room. I groan to myself, my ears ringing and pulsing from the thumping music of yesterday. I tiredly stretch out my arms followed by my legs. My bed feels like the most pleasant place on the world right now. Bed's are underrated.

I lazily reach over and grab my phone, pulling it off the charger. I've slept through majority of the day because I went out to a house party as soon as I got off the train. I have no idea how I even got home. But at least I am home and not passed out in the middle of some random persons house. I throw my heavy blanket off my heated body, sitting up slowly from my reclined position. I get a small head spin anyways as I stand off my bed, sheepishly stumbling into my bathroom.-

I turn the shower on, flicking the fan button before I step into the warmth. The hot water immediately relaxes my tense muscles and I let out a groan in pure bliss. I let the water fall onto the messy state of my curly hair, rising out the sweat and smoke from last night. As I start to wash my hair, the familiar scent of vanilla lingers in my nose and for some unknown reason; it reminds me of Carey. Last nights events begin to pour into my head, reminding myself that I'm a bloody idiot.

I hadn't checked to see if she had responded to one of my many drunk texts last night, telling her how sorry I was. But I know Carey better than that. She wouldn't respond, I'd have to see her in person to get a response.

So, I decide that's what I'll do.

With no logical reason, just acting out of improvisation; I finish up my shower, drying myself off before chucking on my usual attire of black jeans, black t-shirt and boots. I throw on a jumper before grabbing my almost empty deck of cigarettes and keys, heading downstairs. I thought I was going to completely avoid my mum, however, that was not the case.

"Harry." She calls sternly from the kitchen when I open the front door. I think about making a dash out the door to avoid any kind of communication, but that would only make things worse when I came home. I stop, not taking another step.

"You didn't come home last night when you said you were and now you're leaving again?" She scolds and I turn around to face her walking over to me with her small arms crossed over her chest. She looked like she hadn't gotten a wink of sleep, probably because she was up waiting for me. I don't even remember what time I came home.. The last time I checked my phone was at 5 in the morning and I was still at that party.

"Um.. sorry?" I say with no meaning and she rolls her eyes.

"Not good enough Harry! You know that I don't appreciate you lying to me about where you are! Especially when you are drunk! It is not on Harry." She tells me off and I stand there awkwardly. I would say I'm not going to do it again, but that would be the biggest lie I've ever told.

"Where are you even going?" She asks after a moment of uncomfortable silence.

"Ethan's." I respond coolly. Carey's, actually, my mind correct me. But she doesn't have to know that.

"I need you to be home by 5 the latest. We have guests." My mum tells me not giving me a second to respond before she's walking down back to the kitchen. I huff in annoyance, hoping to God that it is not Alexis and her picture perfect family as our 'guests'.

That name made me sick. I roll my eyes and storm out of the house, slamming the door behind me. I get into my car and start driving over to Carey's. What the hell was I even going to say? Was she even home? I remember Ethan going home with Liam, so I know it won't be awkward as hell when I arrive at his.

After a not-so-silent ride of my thoughts almost strangling me with something to say, I park outside of the house. I've never gone this far too apologise to someone.. let alone for kissing a girl. I fiddle with the dead skin around my nails before I decide on getting out and walking up to the front door. However, I know Carey better than this so I sneak over to the side of her house. I manage to climb up the shaky fence, standing on top of the tin garage roof. I end up right outside of her bedroom window.