6| pretty little fears

"b e a u t i f u l b l a c k c h i l d
c o m e a n d s h e d
y o u r b l a c k c l o u d"

"b e a u t i f u l    b l a c k    c h i l d c o m e    a n d       s h e d y o u r    b l a c k    c l o u d"

y'lan noel as | himself
chloekitembo as | chloe

y'lan noel as | himselfchloekitembo as | chloe

for | solaniii

__________________

pretty little fears

"How have you both been?" Y'lan's dad asked us both while we sat in the restaurant. It was our 'thing' to take our families out for dinner at least once a month since we all didn't technically live that far from each other. Today both my parents and his decided to go to a fancy Italian restaurant that he picked out.

Y'lan looked at me and smiled, making me return it. "We've been good." He cleared his throat and took my hand, putting it on top of the table, brushing his thumb over my knuckles. "Y'know, I've been working hard the past few months— movie deals and things like that have been coming in a lot more. Chloe's been supportive as always; even when I know she gets tired of it."

"I'm always here to support you." I smiled softly at him, putting my free hand on top of his own. "Things have been great. Um; my shop has been doing great, I've been thinking about opening up another location probably in New York." I told his parents. Y'lan looked at me from the corner of his eye and frowned a little before taking a sip of his wine.

"That's wonderful! I'm glad you both are doing things you love and finding time to still get away." His mom smiled and dig her fork into the vegetables on her plate.

"Yeah, I gotta keep her on her toes with surprises to keep the marriage fresh still. Especially with the anniversary coming up in a few more months." He chuckled.

"I told you I didn't need anything big." I mumbled to him with a tight smile. "Baby... please don't go spending a lot of money."