It Doesn't Matter

Start from the beginning

"Who's there?" I asked. I noticed how dark it was getting, I began to walk faster through the hall. I have no idea where I was going. I could hear the sound of footsteps growing louder from the distance. My instincts took over and I started running. It was now pitch black but that didn't stop me from moving as fast as I could. My breath was now coming out in shaky waves as excitement coursed through my veins. Even though I was frightened, I found myself enjoying the adrenaline rush. Something then covered my mouth, holding me in place. Quickly I kicked whatever was behind me. I heard someone hiss as I pulled out my wand and muttered "Lumos." Letting the light flood back into my vision.

"You are faster than I expected." Severus's dark hair fell in front of his eyes, even though half his face was covered I could still see his grin. Without thinking I punched him hard in the shoulder.

"You could have given me a heart attack!" His smile didn't leave his face. Before I had time to pull my wand away, he put his hand over it, snuffing out the light.

"I brought you here for a reason." His voice was now a whisper. He then wrapped his arms around my frame, leading me through the dark corridor.

*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*

He led me into a lit room, warm candlelight filled its dark crevices. It looked like a lounge. There was a black leather couch, a dining table, fireplace and each of the walls had dark blue curtains draped over them. That's odd, there isn't a window in sight.

"I figured I'd treat you to breakfast." Severus sat at the dining table as a beautiful breakfast appeared in front of us.

"How did you know I'd be up this early?" I asked, a conserved smile settling on my lips.

"I couldn't sleep, I just ...assumed..." He quickly glanced at me before studying his plate again. Was he nervous? I sat down across from him, deciding to eat along with him. It'd be weird if I just sat and stared. I cleared my throat as I took a sip from my glass.

"How old are you Severus?" I asked, breaking the ongoing silence between us.

"Twenty-one...soon to be twenty-two... May I ask why you want to know?" My heart fluttered. So he was about three, maybe four years older than me. I swallowed, I hope that isn't bad.

"I was just curious."

"How old are you?" He sat up in his chair, his face held serious, the same composure he would give during class.

"I, Uh... Don't think I should say.." My stuttering embarrassed me more than I already was. I don't want him to think of me as a child, not when I finally have him admitting he has feelings for me.

"Well, you're a seventh year, so that means you are between the ages seventeen through nineteen." I kept my eyes held at the rim of my glass. I was too nervous to speak. The word 'teen' rang our clear from his voice, making me feel like some sort of child compared to him. The room grew silent again as I refused to answer his question. He stood, the floor screeching as the chair scraped against it. I watched him walk around the table, making his way closer to where I sat. He extended his hand to me as if he was a gentleman asking for a dance. I accepted, standing up in front of him. His night like eyes searched mine again as I felt something cold and smooth brush against my cheek. It took me a moment before I realized it was the back of his hand.

"It doesn't matter how old you are. Either way, what we are doing is wrong... That's why nothing can happen between us..." His touch fell from my face, but he didn't move, he was still standing close to me. My heart sank, but, I agreed with him.

"Then why did you bring me here?" I asked, holding back from wanting to run my fingers through his black, silk-like hair.

"I... we are doing nothing wrong here..." I could tell he had trouble finding the words to answer me.

"So why are we hiding?" I pressed on.

"Because what I want to do is wrong... and I don't trust myself enough to be seen with you in the public eye." His voice dropped to a whisper as he took a step away from me. I smiled, glad that he was feeling the exact same way as me, but hurt that he didn't want to explore what was between us. I let my smile falter as I walked passed him, purposely letting my hand graze his as I did. I took a seat on the couch and he followed, sitting beside me.

"I'm eighteen." I looked at my Professor, trying to convince myself to keep eye contact. It's funny how out of a school setting he doesn't look like he could be my teacher. He simply looks like any other person... my age. Except for the fact that he is incredibly gorgeous, that definitely stands out.

"You're..." He held his sentence for much longer than he normally does. He seemed to use this time to examine me, which I was beginning to get used to now.

"Eighteen." With his voice speaking my age, I saw a flicker a mischief flash through his eyes. He licked his lips, as he looked down at his lap, a low chuckled coming from him.

"It's gonna be hard to stay away from you."

*

*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*.~.*

Thanks for reading!! I appreciate all of you for reading!! Thank you so much! #1 in SeverusSnape!!