Chapter Fourteen

Mulai dari awal

 I chortle as I pull myself up into a sitting position. It takes nearly every muscle in my body not to just fall back over. I notice iron rings around my wrists and ankles. Remnants of a chain hang off of the cuffs. "Was I tied up?"

 "Hanging on that wall," Tony points to the wall behind me. I see chains hanging from the wall along with two strands curled up on the floor. That helps explain why my wrists and ankle feel bruised. I see a bloody scrape on my real knee; I assume that happened when Tony cut me down or sometime when I was on the grating. I hear commotion from down the hallway and footsteps approaching us.

 "Okay, Monica, listen, there is an exit on the other side of this ship; we need to get there. I'm going to keep them off of us for another minute as you get your suit. Then you are to fly straight out of here. Once you're back at the tower, Jarvis will direct you to the safe room," Tonyinstructs me with no room for discussion.

 "Ship..? What about you?" I mumble as I hear my suit coming down the hall.

 "I'll get out as fast as I can, but I want to ensure that the monster will not bother us again. And yeah, we're kind of on some spaceship."

 I am not in the right state to argue as my head thuds in discomfort. I feel a sense of security when my suit encloses around me. "Autopilot, get me out of here and to the tower, autopilot," I command Lucis.

 "You said autopilot twice, ma'am," Lucis informs me.

 "Scan vitals." I am extremely dizzy.

 "You are suffering from a severe concussion. I recommend you see a doctor immediately."

 "Look around, Lucis. Do you see a doctor here?"

 "I mean-"

 "Just get my dad and me out of here and then we'll worry about doctors. Get Tony too."

 "Just worry about yourself," I hear my dad, "You need medical attention."

 "I'm not leaving here until I know you are safe!" I argue as we leave the small room I was in, "I have to make sure Tony is safe too!"

 "Monica, who are you talking to right now?" He asks as we fly down through the corridors.

 "My dad."

 "And who is in the suit behind you?"

 "Tony Stark."       

 "Oh, Monica... How hard did he hit you?" Tony sighs loudly.

 "Well, both times I was knocked out, so I would say pretty hard," I think back to the blows to my head.

 "Both times?" Tony inquires with surprise in his voice.

 "I got hit twice," I answer as I blast a hole through a door.

 "Monica, you listen to me. As soon as you get back to the tower, take any of my cars and have Jarvis drive you to the hospital. I'll meet you there as soon as I'm finished here," My dad orders me.

 "I can help you!"

 "Then you will go to where I know you'll be safe." Tony leaves me with that task as he turns onto a route of his own.

 I continue to fly through the passageways throughout the ship towards the exit. The intergalactic spaceship interior is made up of an intricate system of hallways, much like a labyrinth. A neon purple light lines the top of the walls. Foreign metals and materials serve their purpose as the walls and flooring.

 I fly into a few people on my way out. None of them are human; most have physical traits unlike I could ever have imagined. All of them have been armed, prepared to attack their intruder. Lucis does the honors of putting a bullet through each of their heads. It happens so quick I do not think any of them knew who killed them. For my own clean conscious, technically Lucis is the one that released the lethal bullets.