The Redcoats are coming!

Start from the beginning

"The Redcoats are coming! The Redcoats are coming!" Garrett said with slight excitement but also worry in his voice. Natalia's eyes widened at the number of witnesses that the Volturi had with them. She knew that the coven was big but she just wasn't expecting this... If a fight was to come which with the Volturi happened most of the time a lot of people would not come out alive.

Some of the witnesses moved out of the way and let the Volturi kings and the guard in front. Aro walked in the middle front with Caius and Marcus on each of his sides and the twins right behind them. Even though Alec was walking behind Aro and Marcus his eyes still found their way to Natalia's face and when he did a look of worry and guilt washed over his face just for a split second.

As the Volturi approached the Cullen's and their witnesses Aro's eyes scanned through all the present vampires searching for one in particular.

Alice.

When Natalia's eyes went away from Aro they travelled all the way to Irina and a lump formed in her throat at the sight of her cousin. Discretely looking back at the Denali's to make sure they were alright Natalia could see the pain on Kate's face and how badly she wanted to run in Irina's direction but didn't. It pained Natalia to see Kate in this state and she wanted nothing more than to run in her direction and hug her but she knew better so she focused her eyes back on the Volturi.

The sound of the wolves howling made Natalia let out a breath as her eyes scanned through the wolves that emerged from the forest desperately looking for Seth. She didn't have to look for long because in a matter of seconds, he stood on her right side facing the Volturi and she couldn't help but let his name slip out of her mouth.

"Seth..." The wolf looked over at his imprint with a soft gaze making her let out a soft breath knowing that she shouldn't have worried. Slowly lifting her hand she let her fingers run through his fur not noticing the eye roll that had happened on Ace's face as she looked back at the Volturi just when they took off the hoods.

Carlisle being the leader of the Olympic Coven walked away from Esme and stood in front of their group as the spokesman.

"Aro, let us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner."

"Fair words, Carlisle. Little out of place given the battalion you've assembled against us." Natalia furrowed her brows at the way that Aro had worded that sentence. If one was to accuse someone of making a battalion against them it should be them accusing the Volturi.

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken." Carlisle responded and Caius must have been already in a bad mood taking in mind that he had spoken up right after Carlisle making Natalia's eyes travel over to the other king.

"We see the child. Do not treat us as fools."

"She is not an Immortal! These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look. See the flush of human blood in her cheeks." Carlisle said and turned his head back to his family pointing with his hand towards the innocent child.

"Artifice!" Was all that Caius had to say and Ace's gaze on the Volturi only hardened when he heard that and Natalia knew if not for the fact that she was standing right beside him he would have already gone in an argument.

He had been doing everything in his power to not cross paths with the Volturi and for a good reason.

Aro silenced his fellow king while lifting up his left hand and speaking up.

"I will collect every facet of the truth. But from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child clings to your newborn mate, I assume you are involved." Aro stepped a couple steps forward holding out his hand towards them making Natalia's eyes flash over to his brother with panic flashing over them.