● Chapter 10 ●

Erica Peterson

Michael sent me with his bodyguards to get my things from my mom house. He couldn't come because he had a meeting to attend. A part of me wanted to say leave that shit where it's at, but I knew I would want it later.

"I thought your fat ass was at work? And who are these men you bringing in my house? Are they going to fuck you? If they are I want half of the money." I just looked at her in disbelief. I walked passed her into my room. I started to pack the important things like my clothes, shoes, jewelry, things like that.

It took me about two hours to make sure I had everything.

"Hey uh Joe I have everything." He nodded. Him and two other guys grabbed my bags.

I looked back at my old room. I spotted a picture that I forgot. It was of my dad and I three years ago. My mom had him put in jail because he hit her. She deserved it for everything she put him and I through. I wonder when he's getting out. He hasn't wrote me in a while. I should send him some money to put on his books. I'm glad he divorced her. But I got the bad end of the stick.

"I hope your fat ass don't ever come back." She said with a smirk.

"Trust me I won't. Enjoy hell bitch." She looked taken back. Good. I walked out the door with another word.

She'll need me before I need her.

《》

《》

《》

《》

《》

"Baby we've been sitting here for five minutes. There's nothing to be afraid of."

"You do know your dad doesn't like me right?"

"Screw him. I love you and so does everyone else. If he can't accept that I'm with you, then fuck him. This is about us and no one else." He said.

"Thank you."

"No problem. Now let's go." He said.

"Erica dear how are you?" His mom asked giving me a hug.

"I'm doing good Mrs. Stokes."

"Call me mom or Viv." She said.

"Erica." Matt said.

"What's up dude?' Matt has become a little brother to me.

"Nothing much. I missed you."

"I missed you too Matty." He frowned because he hates that name.

"Come in the dining room the food is ready."

We were talking and having a good time. It was Viv, Matty, Adam, Joshua and Josh, Michael, Steven, and I all at the table. Jousha was sending daggers my way, but his little attitude not doing nothing to me.

"Everyone we have something to say." Micheal announced. Everyone turned to us.

"We're getting married and Erica is pregnant." He said.

"Oh thank God he finally came to his senses." His mom said. I giggled. Everyone congratulated us except his dad and Joshua. I don't know what his dad problem is with me, but he needs to get over it. I eased my way out the room.

I finally found him sitting outside with a beer in his hands.

"What's your problem with me Mr. Stokes? I've done nothing, but be nice to you and your family and ever since the first day you meet me you've been nothing but mean, rude, arrogant, racist, and judgemental toward me." I shouted. He looked at me wide eyed.

"I don't want you to take my oldest son away from me." He said lowly.

"What? I would never do such a thing."

"The first day I met you I seen the way Michael looked at you and how he acted when another man approached you." I took a seat next to him.

"How did he look at me?"

"He looked like you were the only person on earth. He had a love in his eyes that was indescribable." He said. I laughed.

"And how would you know that?"

"Because I have that same look every time I look at my wife."

"Wow."

"Yeah. I'm sorry about the things I said. I just didn't want you to take my son away from me. I just hope you could one day accept my apology."

"I understand. Let's just start over." I said. He nodded and hugged me. We walked back inside and everyone was looking at us strangely.

"What did you do to her? If she's hurt or she has one scratch on her dad I'm going to kill you." I giggled at his protectiveness.

"Calm down Michael we just had a long chat." I assured him. He glared at his dad. I hit him on the arm.

"Be nice." I said.

"Son I'm sorry for what I said to your fiancée I just didn't want to lose you." He said.

Micheal Stokes

Lose me? What's he talking about?

"Lose me how dad?"

"The way you look at Erica is the same way I look at your mother, like she's the last woman on earth. Take good care of her son. She's a good one." He said. Wow I never knew he felt that way. After talking to my dad for a while Joshua pulled me to the side.

"Dude why did you propose to her?"

"What's your problem Joshua? Ever since she came in my life you've been nothing, but disapproving, mean, acting an ass, and acting like she's the worse person in the world. What has she done to you?" I whisper yelled. He looked shocked that I was talking to him like that, but I'm marrying Erica without a doubt.

"She's no good for you. You need to marry your own kind." He stressed. I looked at him in disbelief. Is he serious?

"Listen Joshua if you can't accept the fact that Erica and I are in love and getting married then you can leave and never show your face again. I love her and she is the mother of my child." I said walking away. He mumbled not for long, but I just let it go. Seriously what is wrong with him? I guess you find out who your real friends are.

"Are you okay?" Erica sweet voice asked walking over to me. I sighed.

"I will be."

"You want to talk about it?"

"Not now." I said. She hugged me which surprisingly made me feel better.

● Joshua Whitmore

How could he be marrying someone like that? She will never make him happy. I need a plan to keep them from getting married.

Maybe I could just crash the wedding or kidnap one of them or drug him and have him sleep with another girl so she'll leave him.

That's exactly what I'll do. Erica won't stand a chance.