● Chapter 9 ●

Three Months Later...

Erica Peterson

I've been weak, hormonal, and emotional for the passed three weeks. I've been arguing with my mom more because she keeps telling me that I'm getting fat. I can see where my clothes are a little tighter, but she doesn't have to throw it in my face every day.

So I'm going to the doctor to see what's wrong.

"Erica Peterson." i got up and made my way toward the nurse.

"How's your mom?"

"She's okay."

"Tell her I said hi will you."

"Okay I will." I lied. She smiled walking out of the room.

"Hey Erica. What brings you by today?"

"Well I've been feeling sick, my hormones are through the roof, and I'm emotional."

"Hmm, well I'm going to need you to urine in this cup then I'm going to draw some blood from you and run since other tests." I nodded taking the cup from him.

I've been waiting an hour for him to come back with my results.

"Well I check your results from your urine and blood work. It seems that your pregnant." SAY WHAAAAAT?! What? This is a joke right?

"Are you sure you didn't misread them?" He laughed.

"No I didn't. I'll do a Ultrasound so you could see. Lift your shirt unzip your pants and lie back on the table." He said dimming off the room lights.

I watched him move the transducer across my stomach. This feels so unreal right now. I'm only 24 years old. And the father is a ruthless, jerk of a billionaire. Ever since I said I was falling in love with him he became a complete asshole to me. He's been so mean and cold to me. He even made me cry the other day. Before he could apologize to me I ran out of his office. I didn't talk to him and still haven't.

"See here's your baby." He said pointing to the screen. This feels so unreal right now. I couldn't help the tears that came out my eyes. I'm crying for every damn thing. I hate him, I love him, the baby I'm about to have, my dad, being hungry, and sexual frustrated.

"You are eight weeks into your pregnancy. Your baby is about 1/2 inch in length. Basically the size of a raspberry. It will slowly be developing human characteristics, such as, feet, toes, eyes, a nose, etc. Your breast will be a little tender and you will gain more weight as you get closer to your due date. I'm going to write you a prescription for prenatal vitamins. Please try not to stress because that can result or lead to miscarriage. Eat healthy and do as much light exercise as you can, but do not over do it." He said. I nodded. He turned on the room lights. Why, when I was enjoying the darkness.

"Again congratulations." He said as we walked down the hallway.

Now all I have to do is tell Micheal. I pulled my phone out and sent him a quick text. I didn't even bother to see what he replied back. I just drove to his office.

I walked into the lounge to get something to eat and drink.

"Hey Erica its good to see you again." Jessica said. I smiled.

"Likewise." I said. I glanced over at a table to see Michael looking mad as ever by whatever Melinda is saying to him.

I politely walked over to them, once I had my food. Michael looked shocked to see me. Melinda not so much.

"Hey Mike we need to talk."

"Uhh yeah sure. I have to go." He said. We went up to his office to talk.

"Where have you been? Everyone has been calling and texting you, but you don't respond what's wrong? Why are you crying?" He asked concerned. Ugh I believe he's bipolar.

Michael Stokes

No one had heard or seen Erica in three weeks and I'm worried about her. I even went to Blake house to ask what he did to her. He claimed he haven't seen her either. I punched him in the face just because.

I got a text from her saying we needed to talk. I was just glad see was okay. But she showed up when Melinda was supposedly confusing her love to me. Which pissed me off. Why couldn't she see that this was not going to work?

"Where have you been? Everyone had been calling and texting you but you don't respond what's wrong? Why are you crying?" I asked concerned. I know I've been a jerk to her, but seeing her cry broke my heart. I hate to see her cry.

"Michael....I'm...."

"You're what Erica?"

"Pregnant." She blurted out. She's having my baby. She looked up at me. I didn't say anything at first.

"I understand if you want nothing to do do with me or the baby. I just thought you should know." She said standing up and wiping her tears. She was heading for the door, but I pulled her back turning her to face me. I brought her lips to mine. I gave my all into the kiss.

"Marry me."

"What?" She asked confused.

"Marry me. I want to do this the right way." She looked at me.

"Michael I can't do that to you. You don't want to marry me." She said. I frowned. I know what I'm about to say next will piss her off, but I need her.

"Marry me or I'll take the baby away from you and you'll never see him or her again." I said sternly.

"Are you fucking serious?" She shouted. I nodded.

"Fine, but their will be rules."

"Okay. If I marry you, you can't cheat or I'll leave you and you'll never see us again. I want you to spend time with me and work less. I also want you to take me out on dates. You will not work on weekends and if you break any rules I will leave, but only if it's really important, except the cheating part." I could do that.

"Okay. But I have a few rules of my own."

"Okay what are they?"

"I want to be married before this month is over with. Also you will have to move in with me. I don't want you living in the ghetto." I said. I chuckled at her facial expression.

"Fine." She huffed. I pulled her into a hug.

"Oh I almost forgot." I said. I walked over to my desk and pulled out a black velvety boxed that had an engagement ring.

"Michael why do you have an engagement ring in your desk?"

"I was planning on asking you to marry me on Thanksgiving in front of my family and friends. It killed me too see you with Blake or another man." I said shyly.

"Awww is Michael blushing?" She said pinching my cheeks. I smacked her hands away.

"No." I tried to say sternly. She kissed my cheek once I put the ring on her finger.

I'm getting married.