cptr. 3

Here!

Take this chapter!
Read it!

Enjoy. it.

Or

P e r i s h.

______________

When I got home Charlie greeted me passively as he was watching (and trying to understand) some obscure French dubbed cartoon about two Vikings with large noses.

When he alerted the apartment of my arrival, furious stomping shook the floorboards as Mom came storming in from around the corner. At first she was relieved to see that I was okay and home safe, but that was quickly taken over by a blazing fury. So right after a tight, loving hug I was slapped upside the head and put through a loud berating of how stupid and dangerous my actions were. Then I was immediately sent to my room after she took my phone away.

Not that it mattered though, I do kinda have my mind on other things at the moment.

Once I closed the door behind me, Evee zipped the purse open and floated out quietly. I sighed and flopped onto my bed, mentally and physically exhausted.

"So..." the Kwami began, cutting the much welcomed silence. "When should we go out for a test run?" Evee asked with a hushed voice as she floated over. I groaned tiredly.

"I don't know... when I'm up to it?" I replied, my vagueness and tired voice seemed to reach Evee loud and clear.

She placed her tiny paw on my head, letting my hair kindly. "Okay Y/n, you don't need to rush into anything. Whenever you're feeling up for it I'll be here."

A comforted sigh left me followed closely by a relaxing smile. "Thanks Evee," I closed my eyes. "I know you're eager to become a hero and stuff, so I promise we'll do it as soon as possible... I just need to rest."

She laughed softly and floated to where I could see her. "Don't worry about me, Y/n. Just worry about getting your energy back, we'll figure it all out." She said as soothingly as possible. I smiled and made room for her on the bed, making her smile gratefully and make a small tunnel-like den in my comforter, only her face peeked out. Sleep began to overtake us both as my eyelids got heavy.

I hadn't really realized how tired I was, after all the sleep I had on the plane wasn't exactly the most relaxing.

... the dream!!

I snapped eyes open and sat up quickly, startling Evee. "Evee!" I yelled suddenly at her confused and tumbling figure. "What? What is it?!" She asked quickly looking drowsily in every direction, ears still trying to reach their full height.

"I-I had a dream!" I said frantically before she hushed me, putting both her little paws on my mouth. She took a moment, closing her eyes tightly and shaking her head, trying to fully wake up without my loud voice giving her a head ache.

"Oh..." she slowly floated away a bit to my eye level and a look of pity cover her fuzzy features. "Oh Y/n, that's okay. Everyone has nightmares." She said as soothingly as possible.

I shook my head. "Er- no. I mean like, on a plane."

She tilted her head, now very confused. "We- we aren't on a plane Y/n... are you okay?" She attempted to feel my forehead but I moved away.

"Yes I'm okay I just... when we were on the plane here I had a really weird dream and I was hoping maybe you knew what it meant, maybe it's like... a side effect of being a miraculous holder?" The explanation seemed to puzzle her for a moment.