Chapter 2: His shoulder

Start from the beginning

I'm not going to like this trip one bit.

The next day I had school. We had a teacher's day yesterday due to why I didn't go.

To cut it short, I am very good at school. I work hard in classes and do all my work as best as I can. My teachers love that about me.

Of course, I get hate for it so I hide behind average grades. And that's fine with me.

"Hey (Y/n)!" Emmer waved her hand. I waved back as I walked up to her and we both chatted as we both entered the school hallway.

"Have you finished season 2 yet?" I nodded.

"I'm halfway through season 3 for MHA and I'm loving every single thing!" I said as we both chuckled. Until I bumped chests with someone.

I glanced up.

"Hey (Y/n)" a husky voice says. My face heats up. Oh god. I bumped chests with the most popular and hot guy in school!

His name is Jason Mitchell. And he is a god! Well, looks like one but he's vibes and meanings are sweet making him even better.

But the worse thing is, my sister likes him too. But I kinda only see him as a friend. And he does too. Or at least that's what I think.

"Hey, Jason. Sorry for bumping into you--"

"No need" he smiled, with his pearl teeth shining, Emmer fainted while I gave a small smile back. He ruffled my hair softly before walking away, well that is new. I turn my best to avoid him most of the time for---

Many reasons.

"How come he gets to ruffle your hair?" Emmer whined. I laughed while dragging her to our first class.

Soon after it was a break and I went to go sit on the roof. Away from my sister, away from other students, a way for it all--

"(Y/n)? Is that you?" I froze with my food in mid-air. I turned my head from where I sat.

Yep. Jason.

"Yea it's me, what's up?" I asked as he walked over and sat beside me. I took a bite of my sandwich.

"Well, I need some advice and I know that you are very smart and all so...I think maybe you can help--me?" he asked twiddling his fingers while looking away.

I questioned it mentally before shrugging.

"Sure, depends on what is Jason," I said. He shuddered.

Huh? Is he okay?

"So. I want to confess to someone--"

"No. I suck at these things. You should ask someone else Jason" I whined into my poor sandwich. Jason sighed with a low chuckle. I raised a brow.

"(Y/n). How's home?" he asked suddenly making me freeze again. I bite my lip, a nervous habit.

"Um...good, we're going to L.A and New York these holidays." I shrug taking another bite.

"I see. Why is that for?" he asked turning fully to me with his legs crossed, resting his hand on his chin.

"Um...a birthday gift trip-thing for my little sis" I answered with a wary smile. He nodded with his eyes closed while I didn't pry on it from then. He narrowed his chestnut eyes sharply onto me.  

I turned to face him.

"What?"

He shook his head like he couldn't believe what I was saying. I tilt mine in confusion.

"Your quite the type for that" he chuckled, I sense sarcasm within those words. What is he getting at?

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You always fall in line when it comes to your sister, like a dog under its owner, how pathetic" he spat turning his gaze away. I crushed my sandwich in my hand.

"What did you say about my sister?" I turned darkly towards him. He shifted.

"See, there you go again, defending her as always" he pointed out. I shut my mouth.

"It's sad to see, painful actually" he sat up looking out towards the sky as the sun hid just above some spare white fluffy clouds.

"You are very smart yet let your sister take over your hard work, you're always kind and loving towards her, as she only walks all over you." he listed keeping his gaze on me.

"S-stop" I whimpered. But he continued.

", Always backing away, always letting Amy take your place while you just stand there and take the hate. Always--"

"Shut up!" I cut him off clenching my hands in tight fists, anger, and sadness boiling through me.

"Y-you don't know me! You s-shouldn't--y-you" tears left my eyes and onto my thighs, watching them roll off my skin and onto the concrete floor.

Arms wrap around me.

"(Y/n)" he said softly.

Then I cried, I cried and I cried and I cried.

I clung onto his top like glue. Using his shoulder for my tears. He said nothing else, just letting me embrace my aches and pains from all that was trapped inside me.

He rubbed my back as I whimpered against him.

I needed this moment, and only at that moment. I clung to it, most likely because it was going to be the last time I get something like this. And I sure as hell won't waste it.

Little did I know, a little leech who was swimming in jealous was watching the whole thing. Eyes wide with fury.

Hands in threaten tight fists.

Jason pulled away, wiping the remain tears to nothing. He smiled.

"Make your mark (Y/n). Be who you want to be. Don't hide, don't fake it. Embrace it" he said.

I couldn't have been happier to have a friend like him. Only...you were too blind to see...that he saw you more than that. Nonetheless, he still chose to stay beside you in times like these.

Which, you couldn't have been more grateful for. 

But with the remaining days and week left, things just got heavier.

The person lurking behind the wall, peering from out the side, couldn't wait to see you dive deeper into your own suffering.

"We'll see about that" they snickered walking away.

-TBC-