Chapter 31

Asim's POV:

I was at the studio writing a new song for my album, smiling and thinking about Aina every now and then. Just as I was finishing up my phone rang. Glancing at it I smiled looking at Aina's name.

"Aina?" I said surprised she was calling me. I knew she went out with mom and her calling me was a surprise.

"A-asim." she choked out.  Her sniffling could be heard through the phone.  "Aina tum theek ho? Kya hoa?" I asked her panicked. I knew she was crying but why?

"M-mama B-baba wo, " she was forcing herself to talk but she couldn't complete it without crying harder. "kahan ho tum?" I asked her as I got up and put everything away at the moment I only cared about Aina. I couldn't imagine what she was feeling. "E-emporium Mall. "

"Bs mai thori dair m atta hoon." I said knowing where she was instantly I walked out not even shutting the door behind me.

I went over to the elevator impatiently pressing the buttons. Within minutes I was in car driving towards the mall. I was going way over the speed limit weaving in and out of  cars but I didn't care. I tapped my fingers impatiently when I had to stop on a red light.

Five minutes later I screeched to stop in front of the mall. I didn't know where she was so quickly locking the car I went inside, whipping my head back and forth. ThankGOD there were not many people there. As I passed by the stores I quickly scanned them before realizing she wasn't in any store.

Just as I passed by a store I heard a small whimper. It was not really noticeable but it made me stop. Glancing in a corner between two stores I saw a figure crouching down. I instantly knew it was Aina.  Without wasting any time I headed towards her placing my hand on her shoulder

She immediately flung towards me burying her face in my chest. I tightened my arms around her keeping her close to me. With my back turned I was able to shield her from every one who walked by.

I gently ran a hand through her hair keeping the other around her waist as she sobbed in my chest.

"Sab theek ho jaega. Mai hoon naw apni jaan k pass." I said kissing her head lightly. "ghar chalien?" I asked and felt her nod against my chest.

"Dri-ver bahar khara hai." She said her voice cracking. "I'll tell him to go home." I said taking out my phone and calling him but not removing my hand from Aina's waist.

"Chalo ghar chalien." I said softly helping her up ane picking up the bags she had with her. She leaned into me as we both walked out of the mall.

I made her sit and buckled her up in the seat before driving us home. Throughout the ride I kept glancing at her but she just stared out of the window blindly. She wasn't crying but her nose and cheeks were still red.
The sight of her made me feel slightly scared. She looked crushed.

I wanted to know what happened but I didn't ask her just yet.

Once we reached home I took Aina inside and lead her to the couch. She wasn't saying anything, just letting me take her wherever. It almost seemed like she was here but not really knowing what was happening around her. After making sure she was fine in the couch I went to the kitchen to get her a glass of water.

"Are you okay meri jaan?" I asked softly, sitting on the table infront of the couch facing her. "Lo pani pi lo." I put it in her hands when she didn't answer. Aina being like this was starting to scare me but I relaxed for a second when she brought the glass to her lips.

A few minutes passed in silence before Aima started talking. "Mama was also in the mall." she started, her voice having no feeling or emotion.

"How did it go?" I wanted to slap myself for saying that ofcourse it didn't go well because she called me crying.

"She had a hand print on her face." she turned her eyes towards me. Her eyes showing so much pain. She looked down at her hands before meeting my eyes.

"Will this ever stop Asim?" she whispered in a small voice. I grabbed her hands and forced them from the fists she had them in, lacing my fingers through both of then I leaned forward.

"Aina hoa kya hay?" I squeezed her hand, wanting to let her know I'll always be there by her side.

"Baba has always abused Mama... He even hits her... from time to time." I stared into her eyes but she looked down.

I let go of one of her hand to gently grab her chin. "I am always going to be here for you. Sab theek ho jaega. I love u Aina and I will do anything to keep you and your family safe." I spoke with a firm tone so she knows I mean every word I said.

I watched as her eyes welled up with tears again and before I could take her back in my arms she threw herself on me, wrapping her arms around my neck. I smiled softly, liking the feeling of her opening up to me a little. She was finally letting me in and I was grateful for that.

"Chalo let's go get some icecream." I said resting my chin on her shoulder. "Ji." she muttered pulling away and wiping her cheeks. Even though she was crying for a while, she still looked perfect. I left a kiss on her foreheads, feeling blessed to have her in my life as I watched her go to our room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

I am so sorry. I know I updated  this story after ages but I'll start updating twice a week from now on wards.

I hOpe you guys understand.

With lOve,

Zaina❤️