Chapter 24

Aina's POV:

It had almost been a week since we came back. Mama and baba were still busy attending the wedding functions. They just messaged us that they wouldn't be home until the next few days.

I sighed and laid under the covers.

I burrowed my face deeper under the comfoter and pressed myself to the soft matress, trying to fall asleep. I spent some time rolling around in the bed, trying to find a perfect position to sleep in, hoping for sleep to come fast, but it didn't.

Looking at the clock I sighed. Asim was in the living room doing some work on his laptop when I went outside.

He smiled at me and we talked for a while before he became busy with the work again and I got bored.

I turned on the TV. I stopped skipping channels when I saw a movie. It seemed nice so I decided to watch it.

I watched it for an hour before I saw the scene. A woman was crying because her husband was beating her. She screamed for him to stop but he didn't. She held her hands up to protect herself but couldn't stop the beating. She didn't have the energy anymore, no more strengh left. After a while she became silent, it was like she was breathing and alive but at the same time dead. The fear in her eyes... I could feel it. I couldn't move, my eyes were glued to the TV. On the woman.

I felt an arm around me but I stood up and walked over to the only place I could think of. I closed the door, not bothering to turn on the lights I walked over and turned the cold water on and sat down. It always helped.

The cold water was streaming down my whole body. I tilted my head up, letting the cold water fall on my face. I felt numb. I didn't realize I was holding my breath but it felt good. I didn't want to breath. I covered my ears with my hands, trying to block the screams of my mother, the fights of my parents but I couldn't. It was useless.

I placed my head between my knees. Maybe the screams would stop, maybe the voices would fade away...

I felt two arms wrapping themselves around my waist pulling me up. I opened my eyes in shock and took a deep breath. I couldn't breath properly. I felt myself being pulled in a lap and someone stroking my hair and it felt good.

"Shh..breath..." I heard his soft voice say. It was beautiful that it just calmed me down. I concentrated on my breathing as warm tears fell down my eyes.

"Sab theek ho jaega. Main hoon na." He said and I closed my eyes, putting my head on his chest, feeling tired. His arms tighten around me and I felt my self being lifted and after a few seconds I was in bed.

I didn't care about anything at that moment. I didn't care about the state he saw me in. I didn't care that he was taking off my wet clothes and helping me with warm clothes. I guess I had his sweater on. His scent was all around me and it was relaxing. I wanted to open my eyes and see him but my eyes just didn't open. I didn't want to think anymore so I fell into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nahi. I'm not coming today.  Aina is sick, she needs me. We'll do the recording some other time...okay, bye." I heard a voice beside me. My throat was hurting and I was sweaty. I felt a hand pushing my hair out of my face and I forced my eyes to open.

The brightness was hurting my eyes so I closed them again before sighing and opening them with much force again.

I looked itno beautiful brown eyes. They were staring at me back. I felt like I needed to be closer to him so I put my head in his lap.

"You scared me..." Asim said running his fingers through my hair and I closed my eyes, feeling embarassed.

"Aina meri taraf dekho." He said and I opened my eyes looking at him.

"I'm here for you. Tum akeli nahi ho. I'll always be here for you, okay?" He said and I nodded, trying my best to believe him.