Chapter 15

Asim's POV:

"Asim!" Aina glared at me crossing her arms on her chest.

"Aina!" I mimicked her and crossed my arms on my chest which made her roll her eyes.

"Asim! Wapas karain." She said but I just shook my head and grinned. "But wo merey balloon hain." Aina pouted.
"Chahiye to ley lo aa key." I raised the balloons higher in the air.

"Mujhe nahi chahiye." She said and started running backwards. Kar diya na naraz.

I ran after her and held her hand pulling her into my arms. "Sorry."

"No." She tried to wiggle out of my arms. I chuckled. Aina pulled back a little and smiled at me, a mischievious glint present in her eyes. She started walking forward making me walk backwards with my arms still wrapped around her. "Tum kya kar rahi ho Aina?"

"Huh? Kya kar rahi hoon?"

"Yai to pooc-" my question was left unasked and I found myself in water. I rubbed my face to get rid of water in my eyes and looked up. All the balloons flew high in the air.

I tried my best to hide my smile as I saw Aina laughing. Tears were visible on the end of her eyes and she clutched her stomach.

"Aina Asim!" I shouted crossing my arms on my chest, trying to look offended.

Aina stopped, looked at me and blinked a few times before laughing again.

"Ha ha very funny." I mocked.

Her laughter soon died and she wiped her tears. "I'm s-s-sorry." 

I raised an eyebrow at her. She gave me an amused look and extended her hand for me to take.

Two can play thia game Mrs. Asim.

I thought and grinned eviliy.

I took her hand and pulled her into the large fountain. "Asim!" Aina shrieked and I burst out laughing.

Aina's POV:

I stared at Asim as he laughed.

He carried a certain type of calm in his eyes, enough to make all the raging storms inside me blush and vanish. His soft voice has the power to shoo away all the fears I had from my past but still a part of me was scared of him, a part of me who always wonders what if he becomes like my father, what if he starts beating me like him.

I was pulled out of my thoughts but Asim. "Kahan kho gayi thi?"

"Huh?"

He drummed my head and grinned. "Pagal."

I glared at him, slapping his hand away. "You're so cute." He chuckled. I frowned. Asim put his hand on my forehead and soothed out the wrinkles. "Even when you're pretending to be mad you're still cute."

I stuck out my tongue at him and pushed hum back into the water before quickly getting out of the fountain. "Aina ki bachi!"

I turned to look back and Asim was not so far from me. Soon a shriek left my lips as Asim scooped me off my feet. I chuckled. "Should I throw you back in the fountain?" He asked innocently. I pleaded him with my eyes and shook my head.

Asim sighed but there was a smile plastered on his face. "You and your innocent facade." He wispered and put me down.

"Let's go home and change, it's cold you'll get sick and we also have to go to the concert." I nodded my head.

He interwined his hand with mine as we walked. I didn't need to be protected but the way he held my hand I didn't mind.

We reached home in about ten minutes and I quickly went into the room to change. When I came out Asim wasn't in sight so I plopped on the couch and closed my eyes.

Asim came out after a while dressed in a fresh pair of khaki jeans and black button up shirt. I looked at him and closed my eyes again. "Asim?" I whispered.

"Yeah?"

I opened my eyes for a moment and looked up. Asim smiled down at me like I was the most precious thing he'd ever laid eyes on. I couldn't understand why. For one, for a boy like him... he's famous and girls love him. He could go out and get any girl he wants. For two, I didn't ever find myself all that likeable.

"Thanks." I muttered, prying my gaze away and closing my eyes again. "You seem tired. I'll go alone to the concert you can stay home and rest."

On hearing his words I quickly shot up into sitting position. "Nahi I'll come with you."

Asim chuckled. "You're something else."