Chapter 1

Aina's POV:

I came back from college to find my father scolding my mother for some reason again. Yay life!

"Asalam-o-alaikum." I smiled at them. My father just nodded his head, face expressionless. My mother gave me a small smile.

I entered the kitchen and gulped down some water.

"How was your day?" Mama asked. "It was good." I replied shortly. She nodded her head and went out.

I went to my room and layed on my bed, as tears started flowing down my cheeks. I wonder why my parents always fight. It has become a habit of me to cry before going to sleep everyday or whenever my parents fight.

My father beats my mother for no reason. Even small things she does makes him mad. It feels like sleeping is the only way to escape all the problems I have.

"Aina." Mama yelled from downstairs.

"Coming."

I quickly got up and made my way to the washroom. After washing my face I went out. I cleared my throat to allivete the hoarseness of my voice and walked out of my room.

Mama and baba were, both sitting on the sofa facing each other. As if felting my presence mama looked up at me and patted beside her, gesturing me to sit.

I made my way towards her and sat beside her. The lounge was filled with silence. I waited for a while for my parents to speak but when they didn't I broke the silence.

"Ji mama?" I asked, not knowing what they are upto. "Beta baat ye hai kay..." she trailed off. "Hmm?" I hummed.

"We have fixed you wedding to a boy named asim. Mama informed, hesitately.

"You fixed my wedding? Without even letting me know?" I argued.

"Larka acha hai, singer hai, achey ghar sey hai, tumhey boht khush rakheyga tumhey or kya chahiye?" Baba asked, sternly. "But I don't want to get married to a stranger." I wispered.

Baba glared at mama. "Tumney hi bigara hai isko. Maa baap kay agey zaban chala rahi hai ajj." He scolded.

I opened my mouth to protest but baba beat me it. "There's no place for arguing, wo mere dost ka beta hai and I already said yes." He said, standing up. I ran my tongue over my dry lips.

"You have to marry him Aina. Samajh aa rahi hai?" He asked, yet again. I nodded my head, way too quickly. With a last glance towards me, he went out.

Tears welled in my eyes. I looked up at mama. She just shook her head a little and placed her hand on mine. I took a deep breath. "Do I really have to marry him?" I asked, with a small hope which died the moment my mother opened her mouth. "You have to marry him Aina. Mera bacha boht khush rakhega tunhey."

I nodded my head and went upstairs. I did the ablusion, placing the prayer mat on the ground, I offered Namaz. I held my hands up in dua. 'I hope everything will turn out good.' I thought as I folded the prayer mat.

My mother started all the shopping, to which I didn't pay any heed.

Asim's POV:

After recording my new song, I went home. My mother opened the door and engulfed me into a tight hug, a grin plastered on her face. Okay!

"App bari khush hain ajj." I teased. She nodded her head. "Asim, I have a good news for you." She said happily.

I went near the sink and turned on the faucet. "Ji bolien." I said, splashing the water on my face.

"We fixed your wedding." She informed, grinning ear to ear. "Meri shadi kay peeche hi par gayi hain app mama." I chuckled.

"Boht pyari hai Asim. Aina nam hai uska." She said. I smiled and shook my head. "Apne pasand ki hai to pyari ho hogi."

"Tumhey koi problem naheen hai naw is shadi sey?" She asked, hesitately.

I chuckled. "Mama, agar us larki ko koi problem naheen hai, app sab ko koi problem naheen hai to mujhe bhi koi problem naheen hai. I'm happy as long as you all are happy."

Mama engulfed me in a tight hug and kissed my forehead. "Did you know you are the best son in the world?." She asked sweetly. "And did you know you are the best mama in the world?"

"Chal chal ab makhan na laga." Mama slapped my head an chuckled.

Lets see what life has in store for me.