Chapter 137: Thoughts Of A Jumbled Mind

** Loki's point of view **

The wind blew a gentle breeze across my face, I watched silently in the background as a small statured woman made her way towards us. Standing in this form made me feel restless. I couldn't begin to explain how slow the world felt at this very moment.

My feelings were obtuse are strained.

I had watched worlds form and die as Cupid but now I as Loki am seeing the universe I created in a new way, as a feeble being, disconnected from the universe. I took a deep breath in and closed my eyes for a moment.

[ I guess the micro really does mimic the macro ]

I went to make a universe for a young soul whom I felt I owed. My cockiness and arrogance caused nothing but misfortune for him. I then decided to fix the problem by leaving a piece of myself by his side. Still, it was not enough.

[ If I were back in my body with a snap of my fingers he could be content... but would that be enough?]

[ I am being arrogant again..]

My eyes opened and she was kneeling at Yuki's feet begging for forgiveness. It didn't take long before she told us she is an assassin for the guild that Ren was running. I nodded briefly half listening and half trying my best not to slit her throat.

The words she spilled made Yuki sad again.

[ His dad and Ren thought he was dead huh? ]

Yuki's face sunk, he then covered his emotions with a poker face. My lips tightened. I wanted to yell at the girl and tell her " It is enough! " but the grand speech to protect Yuki from his feelings never came.

I just stood there silently and waited.

[When did this small soul start becoming soo important to me?]

If I helped him with my " Godly powers" would it really be helpful?

Haven't I caused enough trouble?

[I was only supposed to play the hierophant. How did I get myself into this mess?]

My throat became dry.

I swallowed with difficulty as I walked in slow steps toward Yuki. I went to touch his shoulder before I pulled away and smiled.

[ Foolish.]

" Oh, so your one of Ren's people. Where is he?" I said butting into the conversation.

[ At least I can help Yuki this way...]

" I am not sure... He.. he said he had a few jobs to do" She replied politely still kneeling.

" And Yuki's father?" I replied with slow and steady words.

" At the hideout most likely," She said with a little strain.

" You will take us to the hideout then," I said impatiently.

" I can't just take you there" She responded.

" Bellen, Take us to the hideout or have to not caused enough trouble?" I said angrily.

[ Stop making trouble you dagger baring goat! ]

" My name is Bela and I can't! You will be killed. Only assassins can get in and out" She grumped.

Yuki turned to me before he smiled and placed a hand on my shoulder.

" It's okay Loki, we will figure this out. First, we should meet up with the others. " Yuki said before nodding gently.