Chapter 134: Charity

" Yuki you are not going to like this" Sora said with a sad look on his face.

" It seems like your father was rescued by Ren four years ago. Since your father returned he found out that both you and your mother were missing. So both he and Ren abandoned their posts to look for you." Kibbles added.

" Now they are considered traitors," Sora said flatly.

" Ridiculous!" Nathan said angrily.

The sun was breaking the horizon and began to set. I took in a deep breath and focused on my wood magic calming the beat of my heart.

" Right... So they are both safe for now then.. Thank the heavens" I said after a moment.

Everyone looked at me and nodded except for Nathan who had been clenching his fist the entire time.

" I am sorry Yuki," Nathan said sheepishly.

" It's not your fault," I responded calmly.

" Just that stupid family of yours," Loki said shaking his head.

" Right did you find out what you could do to help these people?" Undine said before a fight broke out.

" Yeah the plan is to..." Heyu said as he began to recite what we came up with.

There was a series of nods and some input before we all came to an agreement. We would wait till dark and find a patch of soil in the poorest area to plant some crops.

Nathan and I would work together to not only grow some vegetables which we could leave on peoples doorsteps but plant some bushes in each corner of the town to deter spirit beasts from wandering around.

The plant we were going to use was discovered after Kibbles had almost vomited in Aurum. Humans couldn't smell it but according to Kibbles and Undine, it had a smell of rotten eggs that had been left in the sun for three days.

We had named it nicknamed it vomit brush and had playfully chased Kibbles around for the rest of the day with it.

Thinking back to that day I was glad I had collected some seeds.

It had finally come in handy.

We had all used some stealth techniques to make our way to the slums. It was best not to catch the guards attention. If they knew what we were doing it would raise more questions then we could be bothered answering.

Once we had made it there we saw a few people in an alley was crouched around a fire there stomaches rumbling.

" Spare any copper?" A homeless man said as he held out his hand.

" If you keep an eye out for guards we will give you several coppers," Sora said to the man.

"You're not dumping a body, are you? This is our home after all." The man said with an eyebrow raised.

" No body and nothing illegal," Heyu said frowning.

" If you say so, can you help the rest of them out too?" the homeless man said as he pointed to the rest of the homeless people.

There were only six of them so we nodded.

" Right we have some work to do," The homeless man said with a toothy grin.

" We just need a place with a lot of soil and no guards," I said quietly.

" are you sure.." The homeless man said before he was cut off.

" We are just doing some gardening," Nathan said mildly irritated.

" Right Little Po will take you to a good spot." The homeless man said as he pointed to a young boy.