Chapter 1

It was the start of a fine day at the Harpercop household as the oldest child of the family, Kali was packing up, preparing to go on road trip with her parents old friends... Scooby Doo and the Mystery Inc gang!

It had been awhile actually since the family last saw them, on a trip to New Mexico where they discovered the Phantosaurus monster.  

Kali was finishing packing up in her room when her three adopted siblings, the Warners came in. 

"How come you get to go on this trip and we can't?" Yakko asked the tomboy curiously. 

"Yeah" Wakko and Dot added. 

"Because I'm the oldest" Kali simply replied. 

"Why?" the three dog-like siblings asked. 

"There's only room for one passenger on this trip" Kali continued. 

"Why?" the three Warners asked again just to annoy her. 

"Because I'm more responsible than all three of you put together" Kali simply said, being honest then kicked her adopted siblings out of her room, closing the door behind them. 

"Kali, they're here!" Kali's mother Jane just then called from downstairs. 

The tomboy with the yellow bandanna on her head came up to her window and looked to see that the Mystery Machine had just pulled up outside. 

She came downstairs eagerly to the rest of her family and outside to meet the gang. 

That's when the lovable great dane Scooby Doo came bounding out of the van and over towards Kali. 

Scooby jumped up and knocked the girl over to the ground, licking her face. "Rali!"

"Ok! Ok! Come on now, Scoob!" Kali laughed, trying to get the cowardly yet big-hearted great dane off her and stand up. "I'm happy to see you too"

The rest of the mystery gang then came over to greet the adventure girl. 

"Like, I thought we wouldn't make it in time" Shaggy said, coming up. 

"Good to see you again, Kali" Velma greeted. 

"Look how tall you've gotten" Daphne noticed as she came up to the tomboy. 

"How's our favorite junior mystery detective?" Fred asked Kali, ruffling up her hair.

"I'm doing great!" she smiled to the gang and gave them all a group hug.

"Thank you so much for agreeing to take her with you" Jane told the gang, glad that her daughter was going to get to spend some personal time with them. 

"Oh, it's our pleasure" Velma replied. "We love spending time with our favorite niece" 

"Like, anything for an old friend" Shaggy added. 

"Hey, I'm not that old" Walter defended about his age. 

"Dad, you're 37" Kali said, thinking that was pretty old. Almost 40 even. 

The gang then laughed at Kali's comment. 

"Okay, time to hit the road!" Fred told the gang, heading back to the van. 

"You have fun now, sweetie" Jane told her daughter, hugging her goodbye. 

"And listen to the gang" Walter reminded. 

"Don't worry, we'll take care of your girl" Daphne promised her friends. 

"Or, I'll take care of them" Kali mentioned, considering that was so true since all the times she's saved Shaggy and Scooby from monsters, just as her dad has done many years before her.

The gang all then got back into the van and prepared to leave. 

"Shotgun!" Scooby jumped up into the front seat, stealing it from Shaggy. 

The twins soon came out, wanting to go with the gang too but were pulled back by Walter. 

"No! We wanna go too! Why? It's not fair!" they pouted like immature children. Which they were. 

"Sorry, guys" Kali apologized to her younger siblings. "One of the main reasons I'm taking this trip is to get away from you guys... No hard feelings" she told them. 

The van then started to drive off while the Harpercop family waved goodbye. 

The gang was soon on the open road having a good time, going wherever it took them. But soon, it was becoming rather boring. 

Later~

"It's a small world after all~" Shaggy began singing. 

"Shut up, Shaggy!" the rest of the gang all said out of annoyance and irritation. 

Much Later~

"It's peanut butter jelly time! Peanut butter jelly time!" Shaggy started singing again.

"Stop singing, Shaggy!" everyone else in the Mystery Machine said, getting more irritated. 

Much, much, MUCH Later~

"Let it go! Let it go! Can't hold it back any-" Shaggy started but...

"Uncle Shaggy, I'm going to fall on you again and this time I will kill you!" Kali threatened, despite being half his size.

"Okay" Shaggy agreed to stop. "Geez, like, someone doesn't like the classics"

"Reah" Scooby nodded to his master. 

"Boy, this is taking awhile" Kali noticed as they were still driving on the road. 

"Freddy, are we lost?" Daphne asked, a tad nervous. 

"We're not lost" Fred denied, even though the rest of the gang could clearly tell they were out driving on a single road with nothing but this wasteland for miles. 

"According to this map, the last town we passed was about 65 miles from here" Velma explained. 

"You get all that from those little pictures?" Kali asked her smart aunt from over her shoulder, the tomboy not being too smart herself. 

"Guys, I'm telling you, it'll be nothing but smooth sailing from here on out" Fred assured the gang. 

"Rut aren't we in a ran?" Scooby was confused. 

"He was just using an expression, Scooby" Kali explained to the great dane.  

"Roh!" Scooby said, now realizing. 

Suddenly, a loud noise was heard as the van jolted forward then suddenly stopped. 

"Like, that doesn't sound like smooth sailing" Shaggy mentioned, looking to Scooby. 

"Ruh-uh" Scooby agreed, shaking his head. 

The gang got out of the Mystery Machine to see that the radiator was busted. 

"Well, this has turned into some unexpected turn of events" Kali commented, staring into the fourth wall. 

"Way to go, Freddy" Daphne said sarcastically to her boyfriend. "Now we're stuck in the middle of nowhere"