Sixteen

"Hydra doesn't like leaks." Sitwell managed- squeezed to the side of the car. "So why don't you try sticking a cork in it." Sam sassed, looking at him through the mirror. "Insight's launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting it a little bit close here." Natasha interrupted, looking over to Steve in the passenger side.

"I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the Helicarriers directly." Steve stated. "What? Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea." Sitwell uttered. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking down at my hands. "Sam, you need to stop the car." I demanded, watching the pulses of energy travel up my arms. He looked at me through the mirror, sending daggers my way. Right before I could speak again, Sitwell was pulled out of the car. I connected my powers to the breaks, causing the car to stop almost immediately. I looked ahead, watching a person tumbling off of the car, onto the highway. He stopped himself by digging his fingers into the concrete. The now four of us watched him rise, resting himself in a demonic stance.

"I knew it." I whispered; my senses were inflamed as I felt something coming, and fast. "Sam, get us out of here." I yelled, right before a hummer hit the back of the car. It was pushing us forward. I turned around, getting a glimpse of the driver. My heartbeat quickened as winter jumped back onto the car. He burst a hole through the windshield, gripping the steering wheel and ripping it out of the car. I widened my eyes as the car spun out of control. It seemed like time slowed down as the car flipped, all of us bracing for impact as we rolled. I kicked one of the doors open, surrounding myself with energy as I flew out. I landed on the concrete- tumbling as cars ceased to hit me. I stood- the three were okay, which made me sigh In relief as I saw them stand. I raised my eyebrows, watching the driver jump out, immediately handing him a grenade launcher.

My breath caught in my throat. I kept my gaze on the girl, the driver of the hummer. She seemed so familiar, I couldn't put my finger on it. Something about her seemed to almost, call me to her. Like she was a magnet. "Blue!" Steve yelled, jumping in front of me with his shield. The grenade from the launcher exploded and pushed us both off of the highway. I used my powers to slow our fall down, but I couldn't focus- we were sent flying straight into a bus. "Steve, get up," I pushed, immediately standing. There were people on the bus, some were freaking out while others helped the injured out to safety. "Steve!" He came to, slowly getting up on his feet. "We have to go!" I urged, I could practically feel the winter soldier right next to me.

Without any warning, bullets tore through the bus and in a panic I raised my arms, creating a forcefield around Steve and I as we escaped the bus in a hurry. We jumped out of the back window and Steve grabbed his shield. The force field I had was still going, but I didn't know how long it would last. "Get to cover! I have this," Steve yelled. I nodded and quickly ran towards the mass of cars to find Natasha, or the driver of the hummer.

People were running up and down the streets in fear but I said nothing. I felt off. The girl on the bridge- I knew her. "Blue!" Natasha hissed, causing me to jump. "Stop thinking and get moving!" She ran off- I followed closely on her tail. "Oh god!" I shrieked, throwing my hands out in front of me. I stood up quickly, spinning around in alarm. There the girl stood, confidence and fear. It was a strange combination but it worked on her. She knew how to hold herself, how to tell people she wasn't one to mess with and not one to succumb to rules but at the same time, she was trapped. She wasn't herself and she knew that but didn't fight it.

Her clothing, uniform, was different from The Winter Soldier. His showed restriction. Like he had tried to escape before and it had taken time for him to learn to stay put and not disobey orders. But hers, hers was casual. Her attire was black. Black jeans, black v-neck shirt, black combat boots and a black leather jacket. I had seen this before. Yes, many people wear black but something about this screamed Déjà vu. The bottom part of her face was covered with a mask, but she held my gaze with her piercing brown eyes. I could see it. I knew who she was but at the same time I didn't. It was frustrating, how am I supposed to fight someone I know but don't know?

Sliding her left foot behind her right, the girl pushed off and charged at me. My eyes widened and I pushed my hands out, hoping to send her flying but she only fell back slightly, not faltering too much to my powers. Instantly on her feet, she ripped a knife out of her leg pocket and lunged it at me. I dodged, using my powers to hold her off. I held on though, pushing forward as I walked closer. She narrowed her eyes at me, giving me an intense glare. I returned the feeling and pushed one last time, sending her flying back to hit a car; her mask falling off. Before I could see her face, I ran off-I needed to find Steve or Natasha.

"Steve?" I called, zig zagging in and around the cars that were parked all over the road. "Natasha?" A hand grabbed mine and I held back a scream when I realised it was only Natasha. "Oh my god!" I gasped. "You're shot. Oh my god, we need help." I breathed out- Natasha pulled a face at me and grabbed my shoulders. "Take a deep breath." She instructed. I did as told, calming down. "You need to help Steve. The Winter Soldier and him are fighting." I nodded quickly, understanding.

I told her to stay put, to which to responded with a 'I wasn't going to go anywhere,' and I ran to follow the clanking and grunting coming from The Winter Soldier and Steve. I ran towards the pair, pushing The Winter Soldier away with my powers. Steve mumbled out a quick 'thank you.' but his rest was short lived when his opponent came running back at full speed. Steve defended himself, blocking hits with his shield as well as sending some hits back. I was about to assist him when I flew forward, yelping in pain.

There she was again, standing in all her glory. Except this time I could see her face. My mouth fell agape, gasp falling through my lips. But before I could utter out a word, she aimed her gun at me. In a panic, I scrambled up to my feet, desperate to get away. Yet, I failed. I screamed in pain as I felt the bullet rip through my skin. I collapsed to the ground,  placing. my palms on the. concrete. "Tatiana!" I cried out. She still looked the same as when I last saw her, but her hair was longer. She always kept her hair short, hating the way it would fall in front of her face. Her eyebrow raised and head tilted in confusion. She didn't say a word. Steve rolled The Winter Soldier over himself, ripping his mask of his face. Steve stood up quickly, shock radiating off of him. "Bucky?" He asked.

"Who the hell is Bucky?" The Winter Soldier demanded, confusion flowing through is eyes. He stepped forward quickly, pulling out his gun, as did Tatiana. Before either of them could shoot, Sam kicked them down. Using his feet for Bucky and his wing on Tatiana. I could tell saying their names messed with their mission; both of their stances became slightly less tense as they were preoccupied with confusion. The two soldiers stood together, guns out once more but again, they were obstructed. Natasha has shot the grenade launcher, blowing up the car in front of them. And in an instant, they were gone.

"Drop the shield, Cap! On your knees! Get the girl! On your knees now!" Rumlow yelled. I hadn't even noticed he had came. Slowly, Steve and I put our hands up. "Get down! On your knees!" Rumlow yelled again, kicking Steve in the back of the knee I was already on the ground, blood had pooled around me where the bullet wound was. I started to feel light headed. "What about the girl?" I heard one of the agents ask loudly. "She's going to pass out. But we have to keep her unfocused so she can't use her powers." The agents behind hoisted me up and I grunted, my head lolling to the side.

I was fighting to stay awake, but I knew I would pass out. I was dropped on the seat, large and heavy handcuffs were wrapped around my wrists. I closed my eyes, losing consciousness. 

big hecking thank you to my best friend tats for helping me with this chapter.