Nine

"I just feel like they don't tell us a lot of things." My brunette friend spoke- throwing a grape into her mouth. I repeated her actions, thinking as I ate another grape. "Yeah- but I think it's just best if we leave it be, Tatiana." I looked over to her, as she slowly nodded.

I hated lying to my best friend. I knew a lot more than her- but only because of the a burden I couldn't exactly shake off. "Our dads are in a business that we can't talk about much. Even though we don't know why- we still need to keep that promise." I said, looking over to her.

"You're right. I just feel like I never see him anymore- and you're always gone too."  She gave me an exaggerated frown- causing me to chuckle. I straightened my face, looking at the leaves falling around us- landing on the grass. As I squinted my eyes, I was frightened.

"Winter is coming." She exclaimed- causing me to furrow my eyebrows. It was June- yet the leaves were dead. "Winter is coming." She spoke louder this time. I stood abruptly- feeling light headed.

"T-Tatiana?" I spoke to her- wondering why she kept repeating those words. The grass shriveled up as I felt cold air blast onto my skin- my heartbeat quickening by the second.

Her chants surrounded my head as I stumbled around. My house and Tatiana disappeared- leaving me alone in an empty field. As it got louder- I fell to my knees. My hands were covering my ears as I screamed. When I thought I was going to give up-  everything stopped. I opened my eyes, slowly putting my hands to my side. I stood- seeing the snow flakes in front of my face.

They were floating in mid air- time seemed to have stopped. I slowly reached my hand out- wary of what was going to happen. Right when the tip of my finger touched the snowflake-

I flung my body up- gasping for air. I twitched my head around- trying to see what was around me. My eyes met with Nick's as he put his hands up, motioning me to ease myself. I sighed in relief- adjusting myself upright on Steve's floor.

I haven't thought about her in so long. Or even dreamt for that matter. The dream was a memory; it was a real conversation between us, I didn't know why she was saying those words- it turned from a fond memory to a nightmare. I rested my head in my hands- slowly feeling pain in my head. I rubbed my temples- as I started hearing music playing on the record player.

I focused in on Fury- he was damaged. Blood dripped down his face onto his torn attire. As much as it hurt seeing him that way, I knew it could have been worse; he could have died.

Goosebumps flared on the left side of my body as I sat up from the floor. I felt movement, a heartbeat, and senses. I turned to Fury, who slowly nodded his head. "I don't remember giving you a key." I heard a familiar voice as I noticed who it was. Nick sat up, replying.

"You really think I'd need one?" He spoke, as I looked over to Steve. Nick paused, before speaking again. Steve knew not to say much.
"My wife kicked me out." Nick spoke, looking up at Steve with his hands folded together.

Steve spoke again, but I couldn't hear him. I heard something far different. Voices and feelings familiar, for sure. A sound of steady trained breathing flowed trough my ears, sparking goosebumps along my neck. Four heartbeats. Not three. I saw Steve turn the light on and observe Nick's wounds. He could finally see me with the light, his face fell as he saw the condition we both were in. Nick shut the light off, then flipped his phone toward Steve.

EARS EVERYWHERE

Steve understood, but he still needed more information. "I'm sorry to have to do this, but I had no place to crash." Nick spoke, as the breathing got louder. I shook my head, trying to get it out. I looked at Nick, as both of them noticed the electric strains between my fingertips; slightly lighting up the floor beneath me.

Nick flipped his phone again, showing Steve another message which I couldn't focus on. Steve kept his eyebrows furrowed, before speaking again. "Who else knows about your wife?" Steve asked, lowering his shield further.

"Just my friends." Nick spoke, showing Steve another message. He stood, as Steve read his phone. "Is that what we are?" Steve asked with a smug look on his face. "That's up to you." Nick responded, before I.

"Guys" I whispered, as my senses were in flames. They both noticed, before the wall behind Nick seemed like it burst. Nick fell to the ground, as the room fogged from dust. I tried to run, but ended up stumbling out of the living room. I fell near where Steve dragged Nick, but Steve helped me stand.

I looked down as Nick coughed, trying his hardest to breathe. My eyes rimmed with tears, as the fear of his life washed before me. He reached his hand out to me, revealing a file USB resting in the palm of his hand.

"Don't, trust anyone." He struggled, as I took it from his hand. Steve looked at me, with sorrow in his eyes. "Don't die." I sobbed out, as I heard Steve's door being banged open. Steve stood, as I heard a voice from the door. "Captain Rogers?" The female voice sounded angst, as her footsteps entered the room.

"Captain, I'm agent 13. Shield special service." I walked over, peaking behind the corner. The woman lowered her gun, as Steve seemed confused. "I was assigned to protect you." She spoke, walking over to Nick.

"On who's order?" Steve responded, as the woman deadpanned. "His." She spoke, bending down and feeling Nick's pulse. Her face fell as she realized what happened."Foxtrot is down- he's unresponsive. I need EMT'S." My heart dropped as she spoke into her two way radio.

"Do we have a 20 on the shooter?" A voice spoke back, as I looked out the window. Anger flooded my veins as I saw a glimpse of the shooter."Tell them i'm in pursuit." I proclaimed, before raising my hands. I shattered the window, sending it out into the street below."Stand down." Steve pulled me toward him. I shook him off, giving him a stern glare.

"You're either with me, or without me. Because nothing is stopping me."  I proclaimed, as he raised his shield, nodding. I sprinted out of the apartment window, controlling my flight. I broke through the window in the next building, landing on my feet. I continued sprinting, as I heard Steve enter behind me. It didn't take long until he caught up with me.

"He's above us, follow my lead." Steve spoke, bursting through doors with his shield. We both stumbled, taking a right down a hallway. I stayed behind him as he made a pathway through more obstacles. He ran into a wall, taking a sharp right. I followed close behind as we started sprinting down a clear hallway in the office building. My heartbeat quickened as all I saw was the city through glass.

"Are we jumping?" I shouted from behind him. He nodded violently, before jumping out of the window. I unleashed my powers all around me, connecting to the roof of the next building. I gently landed my feet, as Steve stood from landing. It seemed like time slowed down when Steve launched his shield at the man. He was aware; almost too aware. I saw him turn his heel, extending his arm. He caught the shield perfectly; almost too perfectly.

My breath quickened as his metal arm glimmered upon my skin. I knew the feeling of his presence, even though i only felt it once before. He launched the shield back to Steve, sending him flying backwards. I turned to Steve, who was adjusting himself. I turned back, and the shadow of a man was gone.

-

Omg?????
What was this chapter??
Hope you guys enjoyed it 🤧😤