Fifteen

I coughed, lifting my body so I was sitting. My head erupted with a headache, making me groan. I looked up, seeing a man walk out of the room. I furrowed my eyebrows- looking around. I didn't know where I was, or who's house I was in, but I wasn't afraid. I saw the man walk back in- Steve following close behind.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Steve asked, sitting beside me on the couch. I looked around the room before speaking. "Ive felt better." I laughed, sitting back. "Hey, if you gotta shower or anything, go ahead. I'm Sam by the way." The man, who I know now is Sam, spoke. "Thank you, Sam. I'm Blue." I stood, shaking his hand. "Take a left, then you'll see my bedroom. It's in there on the right." I nodded at his response. 

I walked down the hallway, making my way to the shower. "Hey." I heard Natasha speak, making me jump a little. "Hey Nat." I smiled at her presence. "Listen, Blue. I know you heard a lot of things back there. Many that," She paused, then turned back to me. "Are true." She continued, looking me in the eye. 

"I had a feeling something wasn't right." I admitted, playing with the fabric on my dirty sweater. "What do you mean?" She questioned, adjusting herself on the bed. "Alexander Pierce was good friends with my dad. Me and his daughter were best friends when we were young, but, things started getting... different. Some saturdays he would take her away for a day, and when she came back," I paused, recollecting unwanted memories. "She changed." I finished, looking down at her.

"Alexander once had a talk with my father. This was around the time where I learned how to listen in on conversations." I paused, laughing a bit. "He was turning her into a killing machine. I heard every word. His own daughter, too. I never saw her after that day." I admitted, watching her think. "Sounds like hydra." She spoke, her response made me nod. "I'm gonna go and let you shower." She smiled, leaving the room. 

-

"So, the question is- who in SHIELD could launch a domestic missile strike?" Natasha spoke as I ate my bagel. After my shower, Sam asked me if I eat food for breakfast. I said yes, but he still thought I ate batteries or something. "Pierce." I spoke, chewing. "Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world." She spoke turning to me. I nodded my head, raising my eyebrows. 

"But he's not working alone, Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star." Steve spoke, spacing out. I finished my bagel, turning my chair toward the two. "So was Jasper Sitwell." Natasha pointed out, looking down at Steve. "So, the real question is- how do the two most wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?" Steve asked- I watched Sam pick a file up, bringing it over to the two. 

"The answer is- you don't." He said, placing the file in front of Steve. I hopped down, walking over to it. "What is this?" Steve asked as Nat picked it up. "Call it a resume." Sam leaned back onto the counter, watching us. "Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you." Nat looked to sam, as we all looked at the photo. 

"I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs. What did you use, a stealth chute?" Nat asked. "No. These." He spoke, passing another file over to Steve. He opened it, making my eyes widen. "EXO-7 Falcon?" I asked, causing him to smile. "Yeah." He nodded. 

"I thought you were a pilot.." Steve spoke, looking down at the image. "I never said pilot." He responded. "I can't ask you to do this, Sam. You got out for a good reason." He stated, looking over to Sam. "Dude, Captain America needs my help.

 There's no better reason to get back in." I smiled at his words. "Where can we get our hands on one of these things?" Steve asked, looking over. "The last one is at Fort Meade, behind three guarded gates and a twelve-inch steel wall." He  pronounced, making me raise my eyebrows. "Shouldn't be a problem." I spoke, smiling.

-

I sighed, leaning on the glass of the car window. "Whats the matter?" Steve asked, causing me to look over to him. "He's in this city. I know it." I fiddled with my fingers. "Who's.. in the city?" Nat asked, looking out of the windshield. We were waiting for Sam to get Sitwell. 

"The Winter Soldier." I stated, pressing my lips together. Nat flinched, then relaxed herself. Our attentions all gazed to a nervous looking Sitwell approaching the car. He opened the door, sitting in next to me. "Oh.. god." He spoke as Natasha sped to the empty building. "Yeah, oh god is right." I voiced as Natasha pulled up. "I can only do this once- I hope I can even get us to the top." I admitted, feeling nervous about Sams plan. 

We all got out of the car- Steve gripping Sitwell's arm tightly. I connected the three of us, launching us upward. The ground was far from us as we traveled up the tall building. When we reached the top, Steve grabbed Sitwell. "Tell me about Zola's algorithm." He threatened, holding him on the edge of the building.

My body was weak- I almost fell over, but Nat caught me. "You alright Blue?" She worried, I nodded my head, rubbing my neck. "Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Rogers." Sitwell spoke, making me roll my eyes. "You're right. It's not. She got you up here," He pointed to me. "Now she's gonna be the one who gets you down." He directed to Nat, who kicked him right off. 

I rubbed my neck, the suppressors were trying their best. "We'll get them out. We aren't really in the position to right now, as you can see." Natasha pointed to Sam, who was now flying over our heads- dangling Sitwell. I nodded, raising my eyebrows. "Yeah, I can see that." We walked up to Sitwell, who was now on the concrete; out of breath. "Zola's algorithm is a program...for choosing Insight's targets" He admitted, making me smirk a bit. "Nice plan." I turned over to Sam, who smirked at my words. "What targets?" Steve asked as we watched Sitwell. 

"You, A TV anchor in Cairo, the Undersecretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa city. Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to hydra. Now, or in the future." His words made me sick. "The future? How could it know?" Steve asked sternly. "How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught hydra how to read it." He laughed, making me furrow my eyebrows. "Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future." 

"And what then?" I asked quickly, now looking face to face with him. "Oh, my God. Pierce is gonna kill me." He responded- "What then?!" Steve repeated my words, getting in his face. "Then the Insight Helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time." I looked over to Natasha- she was clearly heavily thinking. "I'll get him to the car." Sam spoke, launching off of the roof with our new friend. "And to think, this is what we've been working for." I laughed nervously, looking at the city. "The enemy."