Three

"She charged it- Nick. This isn't something easily charged. It's an ark reactor for god sakes." Tony spoke to Nick through video chat as I listened from outside of the room. The day went on, like any normal day would. But who am I kidding? A day in the household of Tony Stark is far from normal. I'm pretty sure I have come to acceptance with that. After the whole ordeal with the arc reactor, he seemed a little worried.

For the rest of the day I saw no signs of my powers emitting; yet the incident in the workshop never left my mind since it happened. Tony told me not to tell Pepper- I wasn't going to anyway. I wouldn't want her to be scared of me in any way- so me and Tony kept it between us for the time being.

"The suppressors must not be working. Has she said anything about them lately? Ever brought it up?" I heard Nick reply, following with a quick answer from Tony. "She talks about them hurting. She actually did this morning, before it happened." He finished; my breathing deepening as he mentioned it.

I heard Nick sigh, then mumble something under his breath. If you know Nick, you know if he sighs, he's either stressed or making a decision. In this case, I figured it was probably both. "She might have to fly out then. How soon could you get her out here?" Nick asked, causing me to widen my eyes. "I'll have to talk with her. But I'm sure it'll be soon." The men shared a few more words, before the video chat ended. I stood there- trying to compute everything I just heard. Before I could act natural, Tony saw me outside of his workshop.

"You heard everything, didn't you?" He asked, causing me to nod my head slightly. He sighed, then leaned up against one of his desks; folding his arms. "You gotta go there, kid." He spoke, turning his head to look over to me.

If I had the possibility of removing Tony and Pepper from endangerment, then I'd do anything. The thought of hurting one of them scared me to death, so I was okay with leaving if I had to. I nodded my head; looking into his eyes. He pressed his lips together, nodding his head. Our unspoken agreement ended as I turned my heel to walk away.

"Hey," Tony caught my attention, causing me to turn to face him. "You'll be fine. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Goodnight, kid." He reassured me, eliciting me to throw him a small smile; before walking up the stairs.

I slowly walked through the house to the stairway- trying not to make any noise. "Blue." I heard Pepper call me from inside of the kitchen, causing me to stop abruptly. She was leaning onto the counter- with a glass of water in her hands.

"Hey Pepper- uh, what are you doing up? It's ten." I spoke, folding my arms; trying to warm myself. She smiled before replying. "Just having a glass of water." She stated simply- before taking a sip of water. "You don't seem- you." She spoke, before placing the glass down. I tried my best to suppress my emotions- realizing that I must currently be an open book.

Pepper was always good at reading me- even if I tried my best, she would always know what I was feeling. "I'm fine- just tired." I lied- trying my best to sound like I wasn't. She simply nodded, with a facial expression of pure disbelief. We shared our good nights before I turned my heel and walked up the stairs.

I trudged through the hallway, finally reaching my bedroom. I quickly brushed my teeth- trying to hurry up; for sleep was creeping up on me. I let myself fall onto my bed- smelling the fresh sheets I put on today. The things in my room, consisting of chairs- to small bracelets; all made me envious. I understood that none of those things were alive- which made me feel even more stupid. But the simplicity of these things made me wish I was like them. No matter how much I surrounded myself with these things, I never felt as simple as they are. To me, being the daughter of a passed superhero is lot of things- including a burden.