Five

I felt the ridiculously priced jet land it's tires on to the concrete, causing me to jump a little. The long phone call with Tony ended before I landed; he explained the situation further, telling me where I'd stay if Fury wanted me to. The food and drinks on the jet were ridiculous, even though I only asked for a water and salad. I saw the small door open, causing me to jolt up- placing my purse around my shoulder. I walked to the front of the plane, squinting my eyes. I looked outside as my eyes got used to the light.

I glanced forward at the runway; there was a dark convertible and a large SUV behind it parked right outside. I smiled when I saw a familiar face get out of the convertible. I walked down the stairs and ran to her, embracing her in a hug."I missed you." I sighed, shutting my eyes tight as that person wrapped their arms around me. I studied her face, noticing a few cuts and bruises. I furrowed my eyebrows; she knew exactly why. "Its nothing." She smiled as I nodded my head.

"I missed you too, Blue. How's California been? Tony getting on your nerves yet?" Natasha said with a laugh, causing me to repeat her actions. I shook my head, stepping back from her.
"No- but you must know why I'm here." I said to her, receiving a small slow nod from the spy.

"Yeah, and he's waiting for you." She spoke, walking to the drivers side. I looked to my left, watching the driver put my luggage in the SUV behind us. I opened the passenger door, sliding my body into the small car. "Fury's at the triskelion. I'll be dropping you off there." She announced, starting the engine. I simply nodded my head.

Being back was nostalgic. I could feel the familiarity in the air; the smells, sounds- feelings. They all felt the same as they did when I left. Sometimes it's a burden going back to a place you know, memories residing within it can either bring good, or bad feelings. In this case, I felt both.

"You seem... uptight. Everything alright over there?" I heard Natasha question me, causing me to nod. "Yeah, I'm fine." I assured, looking out the window. I paused, then spoke again. "I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm not only here for them to only take a look at my suppressors." I admitted, causing Nat to tense up, which I noticed.

"I- I don't know what you mean by that." She said, keeping her grip tight on the steering wheel as we drove to our destination. "Listen- if this has anything to do with removing them, you know-" She cut me off. "Blue." She spoke sternly. She looked over at me, then back at the road. "I know. If it has anything to do with that, I'm sure shield has found a less painful way of playing around with them." She reassured, causing me to scrunch my nose. Just the thought of it made my body uncomfortable. There was a silent pause, the only sound was a distant song playing on the radio. "I don't know if I would be able to do that again." I whispered, leaning my head back onto the headrest. She looked over at me with an apologetic look, nodding her head.

"Blue, you need to calm down. You are risking the lives of everyone in this building." Fury shouted, as blue energy was pulsing out of my skin.

"I- I cant control it." I yelled, as the building started to rumble. Tears flew from my face as I was becoming a monster. "Sir- we need to go through with it." The man beside me spoke, holding a large syringe. My eyes widened as I glanced at the metal contraption.

"She can calm herself down- I know she can." Fury shouted at the man, looking back into my eyes. "Get away from me. I don't want to hurt you." I worried, backing away; trying my best to suppress myself. "This place is going to collapse if she's not stopped." I heard another agent say, making my heart race. Fury shook his head, and shut his eye. He looked over to the man, nodding his head.

Before I knew it, the doctor had the gun-like syringe up to my neck, then pulled the trigger. My eyes widened, as an excruciating pain throbbed through my entire body. My body couldn't handle the pain; I felt myself getting weaker, and weaker. The only thing I could see was Nicks face as the darkness took over.

"We're here." She sang, pulling me out of my memories. I looked up as we pulled up to the triskelion. I smiled at my surroundings, I really did miss it. "Alright- I think your stuff got taken to a hotel. Tony called me after you left the house. Just Incase you need to stay a while." She informed me, placing her signature smile on her face as I got out of the car.

I smiled and nodded my head, re-adjusting my purse on my shoulder. "Alright. See you later Nat." I walked away from the car and up to the steps- turning around to see Natasha watching me. She gave a small wave before taking off, out of view.

I walked into the building, glancing around at the agents. Some felt familiar, some felt new. But something felt wrong. I let out a shaky breath; trying to calm my nerves. I didn't exactly know why this sudden anxiety episode was occurring- but something felt off.

It felt as if time was slowing down; the noise was being drowned by silence. I shut my eyes, trying to recollect my sanity. I felt a tap on my shoulder, causing me to come back to reality. My hands stopped shaking, and my body was at ease. I recognized the feeling almost immediately. When my powers weren't suppressed, I could tell when something bad was going to happen. It didn't matter when, or what for that matter. It was a feeling- a warning call. It started out with anxiety attacks, but I channeled it.

I looked up to see a familiar face- Maria Hill. I smiled as I embraced her. "Its about time I see your face back here." She laughed before we begun to walk together. I nodded, then took in a breath to reply.

"Yeah, I know. I've missed this place." I admitted, reaching up to feel the scar on my neck. She watched my actions- knowing exactly what I was doing. "Do they still hurt?" She asked, looking at the injection scar. I nodded my head, then ran a hand through my hair. She opened the elevator door as we approached, right before I replied. "Yeah, well, sometimes. It throbs once in a while." I admitted as we walked into the large elevator. She simply nodded her head; understanding. The elevator started to go up as I glanced out of the glass, looking at the view.

"I think I know why he wants me back so sudden; and if I'm correct, Stark won't like it very much." I said, glancing at her- then back to the view. I could feel her slightly flinch, but go back to a relaxed state. Before she could speak, the doors opened. I turned around to see a familiar face- and familiar eyepatch, slightly smiling at my presence.

"It's good to see you, Blue." He greeted me as I walked into the large office. "It's good to see you too, Nick." I smiled, observing my various surroundings. The office was clean; no speck of dust could possibly be found. Everything was a dark shade- or opposing. There wasn't really any in between. I looked to my left to see a glass screen with blue words covering it.

"Maria." I heard nick speak, making me dart my eyes toward his voice. Maria nodded and walked to the elevator, giving me a small smile; disappearing as the doors shut. I looked up at Nick, receiving a serious face from him. "We need to have a serious conversation, Blue." He said to me, making my spine shutter. Right before he could speak again, the elevator door opened; with a semi-angry super soldier walking through the doors.