Insomnia | C.B.

For -basicbesson

April 1st, 2019

2:37 AM EST

Orlando, Florida

~~~

A certain blonde haired, blue-eyed boy laid awake, alone in his bed while listening to the horrible snores of his younger roommate Jack.

Corbyn had been noticing more and more, how he always felt tired, but he never could sleep even if he tried. His eyes closed for a split second, but it was like a force peeled them back open again. Finally giving up on the idea of sleep, Corbyn swings his legs over the side of the bed and quietly but carefully, steps onto the carpeted floor of their hotel room.

Careful not to awake the snoring curly-headed boy, Corbyn tip-toed to the minifridge in the entryway. He opened it and winced as it creaked, but continued to grab the plastic bottle of iced tea sitting there. He hastily closed the fridge and downed the bottle, as his goal was now not to sleep, but to go on his laptop and be as productive as he can. Doing so, the boy entered Instagram and flipped straight to where his DMs were. Scrolling through the vast list of usernames, fan pages, and profile pictures, he chose some DMs to answer or to peek in group chats fans had put him in.

Corbyn repeated his actions for what felt like 10 minutes, but by the time he glanced up from his screen, the sun was rising above the city skyline. The colors of pink, blue, and orange all melded together creating a gorgeous scene in front of the tired boy.

 The colors of pink, blue, and orange all melded together creating a gorgeous scene in front of the tired boy

He checked his Apple Watch for the time and was shocked to see it was 6:22 AM. Beside him, Jack let out a light groan and slowly opened his eyes, directing his vision towards the blue-eyed boy on the balcony.

"Corbs?" Jack groaned, his morning voice definitely showing. "How aren't you asleep right now? It's like... 6:30?" Corbyn just bit his lip trying to think of a quick lie.

"I-I don't know I just got up early today for some reason... we have to be up anyway in a few minutes. David wants us in the lobby at 7:00 sharp." Jack let out a yawn and rolled back over so he was face first in the pillow. Around two minutes later he crawled back out and into the bathroom to take a brief shower and get dressed. Corbyn took a shower last night so he changed quickly in the open. After finishing up their morning routines, the boy's headed downstairs where David, their manager, awaited them.

"Hey Jack, hey Corbyn. The other boys are on the bus so let's get going. This drive's gonna take around six and a half hours." The group of three boarded the bus and they saw all three of the boys back asleep once more. Corbyn took this as his chance and walked into the bathroom, opening the medicine cabinet. He grabbed the pack of NyQuil and tossed down two pills. Corbyn then attempted to sleep so the boy laid his fragile body on the black couch and closed his eyes as sleep finally coming to overtake him.