Ch.31 The Wicked Witch (Season 3 Premiere)

Start from the beginning

Y/N: Origami? What brings you here?

Origami: I made stew, too.

Y/N: Oh you did? Wait, she knew we made stew?

Origami took the lid off and began describing the ingredients.

Origami: It's turtle, scorpion, and seal body parts all boiled with an energy drink.

Y/N:?

Origami: Please tell me your thoughts the next time we meet.

Origami stood there for a few more moments before quickly going out the door peeking her head in and then closing the door.

Y/N: I would prefer not to try this but I can't lie to Origami. She'd see through me in a heartbeat.

A familiar sound began to sound in the area signalling that a Spacial Quake was happening. Y/N looked back towards the doorway seeing Kotori with a stern look on her face. The two nodded as they teleported with Shido to the Fraxinus.

Kotori: Y/N, Shido is gonna handle this one.

Y/N: You sure?

Kotori: Yes. You're still recovering and I'd rather have you out of direct harm's way for now. Shido, you ready?

Shido: Yes.

Kotori: Alright, let's get to work.

.......

While Kotori provided air support, I was on ground support being on the lookout for the AST and making sure no harm comes to Shido. This also means no fighting of any kind. Kinda sucks having to sit back and watch but I don't need to go pushing my luck. That's when I noticed the Spirit. She kinda looked like a witch that'd you see on Halloween.

Y/N: Shido has made contact with target.

Kotori:Copy that.

The first choices appeared and we went with two. Shido had to play the innocent route which he pulled off without any issues. I could hear everything that was being said so I learned that the Spirit goes by Natsumi. I was fairly impressed by Shido's innocent act something that I couldn't pull off even if I tried. Doesn't help that I look like a war vet. I continued watching until I noticed some bright lights in the distant sky. I already knew those ain't birds.

Y/N: Shido, AST inbound.

The AST moved in firing missiles as Natsumi brought out her Angel Haniel and turned the missiles to comical carrots following that up by changing the AST's combat units to... teddy bear pajama onesies as the AST fell to the ground in a daze. The two continued their convo until a missile landed next to them blowing smoke everywhere. Once it cleared Kotori notified Shido that Natsumi's happiness meter was plummeting. Natsumi snapped at Shido and pledged that she would ruin his life as she flew off on her broom. I got out of cover and approached Shido who gave me a look of confusion.

Shido: Why did she run off like that?

Y/N: Who knows. Let's head back and figure this out later.

Shido: Okay......

..........

I sat in my classroom listening to music resting my eyes due to the long meeting about dealing with Natsumi. Luckily I got to go home earlier than Shido. My thoughts were broken by someone tapping me on the shoulder. I opened my eyes to see Shido right in my face.

Y/N: Dude. Personal space.

Shido: I'm sorry, I just couldn't stop staring..

Y/N: What?