Ch.4 Hermit

I ran under a large tree near a shrine as I looked up at the dark grey clouds as the rain poured down.

Y/N:Aw man,hows does it go from sunny to rainstorm in point two seconds?.*sigh*I'm sick of having to dry my clothes.....

As I stood there in my thoughts I looked over and saw some little girl splashing in the puddles from the rain.She wore a big green jacket with some rain boots.The thing that interested me was the rabbit puppet on her hand.She slipped and fell as I jogged over to her.

Y/N:Hey,are you okay?

The girl didn't respond as she sat up.

Y/N:Something wrong?

The girl glanced at me and then crawled back to the tree as if she was cornered by a killer.

Y/N:Uh........

Girl:Please.....don't come any closer to me.

Y/N:?

Girl:Don't hurt me......Please....please,don't hurt me.

Y/N:Whoa,no ones gonna hurt you.

I took a step forward and she flinched.I don't wanna leave her here but.......it's better than going against her wishes. Maybe i'll see here again.I backed up and left as I started making my way home.I stopped at a nearby store a bought an umbrella as I continued walking but then I felt it again.That presence,whatever this thing is, it's watching me again and I can't find or sense whatever is watching me.I clenched my fist as I kept walking back to my house.

......

I sat in my classroom as the door to our classroom slammed open and Tohka ran over and slammed a tray of cookies down in front of Shido.

Tohka:Shido!I made these things called cookies!We're supposed to make them during cooking class.And,the other students told me how!So,do you wanna try one?

Shido:Uh...sure.I-I'd love to.Thanks.

The students were all staring at Shido due to Tohka's enthusiasm.

Origami:Hello Y/N.

Y/N:Ah!Tobichii!Don't scare me like that.

I turned towards Tobichii who snuck up right next to me.

Origami:Sorry.I wanted to thank you for yesterday.

Y/N:Oh..it was nothing really.

After Origami passed out,I carried her back to her captain for the AST and spun a story saying that I was going for a hike and I found her lying there.

Origami:Also,i'd like to apologize for not being able to hangout yesterday.

Y/N:Everyones busy once in their life so don't worry about it.

Origami:Now,back to business.

Y/N:?

Origami pulled a Tupperware container full of cookies out of seemingly nowhere and practically shoved them in my face.

Origami:Here.I baked cookies.

Y/N:It's fine I-

Origami:Eat them.

Y/N:........

I took one of cookies and started eating it.It was really good the flavor and just the taste itself was complex. Something only Tobiichi could pull off.

Y/N:That was good.Thanks Tobichii.

Origami:You're welcome.

Origami looked over and noticed Tohka and walked over to her.