Vampire's Damned Bride

Chapter 10

~~~Vixen's POV~~~

I was walking back to Zaylie's house my footsteps barely making any noise, except for a light crunch of the rocks. On my way, I smelled a foul smell of iron floating in the air. If it was Zaylie's blood it would of sent my thirst crazy, but this blood wasn't human...It smelled almost as a werewolves'. I quickly sped to the hearth of the stench; it was in the laundry room. I stopped right behind Zaylie only to hear her be a complete psycho and talk to her dog, who was the cause of the smell.

"Feel better Spiffy? Want a treat? She cooed, I felt a pang of jealousy at the mutt. Freakin' dog gets treated like the love of her life, who's suppose to be ME and I get treated like crap. I glared at the hairy mutt.Wait...Am I jealous of a DOG? Well crap I'm pathetic.

"Here you go Spiiiiiffffffyyyyy!"She exclaimed enthusiastically. I wanted to pull her away from the ugly thing. I don't usually hate dogs, but this one got on my nerves.

"Why can't you treat me like that?!"I demanded my voice tainted with jealousy.

Her mutt's head was facing my direction and it looked like it was smirking!What the hell!His eyes seemed to say "suck it ,she loves me"Oh god,I'm going insane...then I caught a whiff of his drying blood.This blood definitely wasn't your regular dog smell.It was a shapeshifters.

"Because you're a creepy stalker with no balls "She replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. I felt truly, utterly jealous at this mutt and now I felt protective. What the heck was a freaking shape shifter doing in a human's home? Does she know?I felt my fangs slip out and bite my lip, a droplet of blood swimming down my face,What if he came to hurt her?I was confused, but my new heart sent me feelings of protectiveness, the only thing I was truly sure about now.I chose to follow the prominent feeling, I'd never let anybody hurt Zaylie.His eyes were filled with rage now and I could tell he knew I figured out his secret. Zaylie just stared amazed with wide eyes.

"What the HELL is that thing doing here?!I hissed maliciously.Zaylie looked at me as if I had lost it.

"This 'thing' is Spiffy and he's my dog.He lives here idiot" She replied defending the mutt.Spiffy smirked and his eyes filled with triumph.

"Do you know what your beloved Spiffy is?!"I replied my voice seething with anger,more droplets of crimson blood fell down my face and my vision became a red haze.I knew my eyes were becoming crimson,I felt my powers strengthen; my vampire body was preparing itself for a very bloody fight.I could feel the adrenaline rush through me and the bloodlust pass through my veins.Zaytlie stared shocked and angered.

"He's my DOG!What the HELL is your problem Vixen?!"She demanded furiously.

"He is"I replied my finger pointing in the mutt's direction"He's a  shape-"I didn't get to finish as a malicious growl erupted and I only saw a bundle of black fur charge at me as I was flung at the wall,my head making a nasty crack.Blood trickled into my eyes and the corner of my mouth, I used my tongue to lick the coppery substance off.I felt ecstasy, It still tasted like Zaylies' blood.I felt power rush in my veins my fangs came out completely, ready to tear open the mutt's throat.Zaylie was yelling profanities at us and running toward our direction. I quickly pulled up a barrier with my mind.I never once ripped my eyes off the creature that stood in front of me,now in its full form.It stood at least 7 feet tall, Its eyes a glowing metallic silver with red pupils,Its fur standing up and his canines extended all the way out producing spiteful growls.I hissed cruelly. I wasn't going to give him any mercy; he could be here to harm my Zaylie. Therefore, he was going to die tonight. Right now. By my hands.

I raced toward him my fangs bare.At the same time, he came rushing at me growling.Our bodies crashed making a thundering noise.I flipped onto his back and dug my fangs deep into his shoulder. Blood spurted out painting my face. The foul stench was everywhere.I could hear Zaylie's silent cries for us to stop. But I couldn't.I wouldn't.He cried in pain for only a second, before he garbbed my arm with his canines and flung me into a glass cabinet. I hissed in pain, as the glass pierced my back.I quickly shifted to the side, to avoid another attack. I suddenly appeared at his side and grabbed his furry head with my pale hands to snap it.He was not fast enough,he was going to perish...I was about to end his life when a giant ball of flames hit us both smacking us into the wall.The last thing I saw was Zaylie.Her hair the reddest I've ever seen,she was holding fire at the palm of her hand,her eyes a burning violet and tendrils of fire surrounded her small body.I tried to get up to protect her,but the fire was eating at my skin.I was immobile.

"Zaylie..."I croaked right before I fell unconscious. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soooo this chapter was a much more serious one.Please tell me what you thought.:D

Vote?Fan?Comments?:)

-Redzebra