Vampire's Damned Bride 33

+++Chapter 33+++

+Zaylies POV+

I gulped nervously as I walked beside Vixen, our hands glued to each other. We were off to announce our eternal promise to the royal witches and vampires. We walked through the dark hallways of the hotel; I looked up at Vixen to see his chin held up proudly. He was delighted, almost ecstatic to announce his claim on me to the supernatural world.

“Calm down, I can hear your heart beat wildly.”He smiled reassuringly at me and squeezed my hand.

“I just hate big crowds. Last time I was in front of a big crowd for a Romeo and Juliet play, I was playing a tree. A tree. Somehow, I felt that a tree would like to walk, so I tripped over another stage prop, taking Romeo down with me. But hey, I added a creative twist to the plot; I mean who would’ve expected Romeo to die by being crushed by a tree?” I explained with wide eyes filled with trauma. Vixen, neglecting my horror burst out laughing hysterically.

“Hey at least you didn’t burn him to a crisp.” Vixen chuckled.

“Ha ha.” I remarked dryly.

“Don’t worry, I’ll catch before you try to crush anybody else.” Vixen smirked and smacked him playfully.

Before I noticed it we had already made it to the hotel ballroom where we were supposed to make the announcement. I smiled, realizing my nervous were practically gone after laughing it off with Vixen. The ballroom was very bright. It had a gleaming white floor, with golden pillars and pearl white walls, chandeliers even dangled from the ceiling.

The old, royal bloods dispersed as we walked through; they were all wearing very expensive attires. They had already guessed the news and were prepared to celebrate. I looked down at my own gold gown that flowed delicately to the ground; I wasn’t a big fan of dresses but I think I was getting used to wearing them. Vixen, on the other hand, was wearing a pitch black tux and it suited him nicely, as his icy blue eyes glimmered more brightly.

We climbed onto a stage and stood in front of microphones. I looked into the crowd and spotted my parents, who were healed now. They were thrilled to hear that Vixen and I completed the ceremony. Vixen’s parent’s also watched proudly beside my parents. Axton and Calice leaned against the back wall and looked up at us boredly. Like any other teen, they found anything involving the elders boring.

“Tonight, I am proud to say that Zaylie and I are tied for eternity.” Vixen stated quickly, not bothering to beat around the bush. The elders clapped proudly and some even began hugging each other, relieved about the alliance. Vixen shot me a quick glance and I could tell he was just as happy. I blushed slightly and I looked away, only to find Axton and Calice playing rock, paper, scissors; they were definitely bored.

“That is all. Please enjoy the night.” Vixen concluded and grabbed my hand to lead us off the stage. We were instantly surrounded by elders congratulating us and expressing their relief and gratitude. After they made Vixen and I have the first dance of the night.

Vixen laid both hands on my waist and I placed mine on his broad shoulders. I couldn’t dance at all, so Vixen led me through the very slow paced song that made me drowsy.

The rest of the night was spent with elders coming up to chat with us and dancing. By the end of it my head hurt and my feet were protesting with sore blisters. At times, it sucked being royalty. Vixen, noticing my exhaustion excused from the ballroom.

Once out in the hallway, he lifted me up in his arms and began carrying me to our room. Yeah, it kinda sucked being royalty, but I loved my prince. He opened the door to the room and placed me onto the silky bed. I instantly snuggled into it.

“Take off your heels.” Vixen said as he removed his jacket and tie.

“You do it.” I commanded, wanting to laze around.

“Man, aren’t you a spoiled brat.” He remarked with a chuckled.

“You encouraged it.” I accused and he smiled knowing it was true. He sat at the end of the bed and removed my heels for me, frowning at the blisters on them.

“Let’s completely relax tomorrow.” He suggested.

“Yes!” I cheered and rolled around in the bed. Vixen smirked and pushed me to my designated spot as he laid down beside at me. I gave him a playful glare and he flicked my nose. “ I thought you said my healing would be quicker once I drank your blood.” I said looking at my feet.

“It will, just takes time.” He assured me, then a mischievous look came to his face,”You know the more you drink, the faster the healing will be.” He bribed and I smiled at his attempt.

“You can drink tomorrow. Not tonight, I’m dead tired.” I promised him and his face lit up like a kid being promised a new Xbox game.

“It’s a promise.” He assured me and he got up and undressed until he was left only with his boxers. I blushed and flicked my eyes away from his abs. “Get changed.” He told me as he got under the covers and I laid still in the dress on top of the covers. I groaned in response.

“Want me to undress you?” He teased and with that I zoomed into the bathroom with my pajamas, his laughter engulfing the room.

When I was done I got in bed with him, slightly nervous but too tired to care. As soon as I was in he pulled me to him and wrapped his arms around me. I laid my head on his chest and listened to his heart beats. He kissed my forehead and I humourly  thought about the fact that I didn’t think it unnatural that I had promised Vixen a taste of my blood. In fact, I was excited about it. I yawned and snuggled closer to Vixen as I let myself fall into a deep sleep.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry its been forever, anyway uploads should be more recent since im on summer break :)

Please comment, vote, fan

Thank you for sticking around and reading!

~Redzebra