She is such a flaming bitch. I've done absolutely nothing to her, yet I'm still terrorized by her.

I rushed into school not wanting to socialize with anyone right now.

***

The first half of the day was rather uneventful. I fell asleep in every class and was woken up about two times per class before the teachers gave up and just let me sleep.

Somehow my appearance had gotten even worse and now I looked like a total slob. Now, my stomach was also making inhuman sounds due to my extreme hunger.

It was almost time for lunch and I couldn't hide my impatience. My leg was bouncing up and down, counting down the seconds.

Just when the bell signaling lunch ran, I found a burst of energy I didn't think I had and ran out of the classroom.

As always the halls were packed and since my class was the farthest from the cafeteria, I usually got there pretty late.

When I walked into the cafeteria I looked around for Jess. I found her already sitting down eating, with Cameron, Lucas, and River.

Huh? I thought that was going to be a one time thing.

I didn't have time to concentrate on that right now. Right now I had to shoot myself through the crowded cafeteria to make it to the lunch line.

When I finally got my food after a huge line, I made my way towards my table.

As I was walking there I saw Jess and Cameron in conversation and River and Lucas in a separate conversation.

I walked up behind them and sat down next to River, across from Jess, Cameron, and Lucas.

"Hey guys." I barely said before I dove into my food and devoured it quickly.

River smiled at me and said, "Hey Hailey. Still tired?"

"Yes and it's your fault!" I shouted back at River, slightly hangry because he interrupted my eating.

Just as I was about to stick more food in my mouth I started to yawn for the millionth time today.

"How exactly is it my fault?" River said with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Is he seriously asking me this?

"Because you wouldn't leave my house!" I explained, even more irritated now.

"Oh please.... you wanted me there." He shot back almost immediately, smirking.

Did he really think I wanted him there annoying me all day?

Ok maybe I had a little bit of fun, but that's not the point.

"In your dreams." I told River as I continued to eat.

River smirked as if he thought of the perfect comeback.

"Actually, my dreams tend to get dirtier." He said as he turned back towards his food.

I gasped out of disbelief and shot him an angry glare. As River and I continued eating we both noticed it was eerily quiet. We turned our heads towards the rest of the table to find them looking confused and a little shocked.

"Why were you two together last night?" Cameron asks.

I didn't exactly know the answer so I turned to River who nonchalantly said "Because we were bored."

There was a bit of silence at the table as if nobody believed his answer, when it was actually the truth... I think.

Jess decided to break the silence by saying, "So... are you guys like... a thing?"