Chapter fifty four- I miss the little girl already

Start from the beginning

" I'm not an artist sweetie, I'm a business man"

" Business man?" Her brows creased " what kind of business?"

" Hmm.. how do I explain this? Do you know Brooks and Shields?"

" Brooks and Sheeds?"

" No love. Shields."

" Of course I know it! That thing is written on all mommy's books and she tells me any book with Brooks and uhmm... Shields I shouldn't use them for my drawings" she huffed.

  I really couldn't stop myself from laughing once again.

" Well that's my business. I own Brooks and Shields"

  She gasped and jumped into a sitting position.

" You're the reason I can't draw on more books" then she literally glared at me.

  I chuckled and followed her position by sitting up too. Then I picked her up and placed her in my lap.

" I'm sorry" I whispered when I leaned into her ear.

" Fine" her arms came crossed and she pouted and me.

" Boop" I softly pinched her nose bridge to initiate a little play so she'd get out of her amusing foul mood.

  And it worked because she laughed.

"Mr Hunter what's your favorite color?" She grabbed two of my fingers and twisted them into a cross.

" Hmm.. I think black. What about you?" I asked back.

" Mine too!"

  I chuckled again and raised my two arms not far from her face to receive a double high five.

" Okay, okay. What about your favorite food?" She asked when she placed her small palms in my respectively larger ones.

" I don't have any. But blue cupcakes are delicious"

" Aaaaaahhhh!!!! You stole my food!" She laughed so hard at that, she had to clutch her belly to avoid throwing up.

" I like banana smoothies or milkshakes or any banana drink" she continues with a smile still etched on her lips.

" Aww.. I don't really like bananas" they've never been one of my favorites.

" It's okay. We can still be friends if you don't. Boop" she repeated my actions by gently pinching the bridge of my nose and I laughed at it.

" Louisa how old are you?" I began straightening up her hair as I looked up to the clock in my room.

It's high time she got ready for school. Six fifteen.

" I'm five! One two three four five" she indicated whilst counting her fingers.

Five? She looks so small.

I think she's lying about that.

" Your mommy told you that you're five?" I wanted to confirm

" Yes she did" with a wide grin plastered on her face.

  Maybe that's why Iris is hiding her father. Possibly a high school fling.

" Okay. Now we have to-" a knock interrupted our discussion but it was followed by iris's terrified voice talking to someone.

" Come in" I called out and Louisa couldn't keep her growing smile at Bay.

" I'm so sorry for disturbing you Hunter but have you seen Louisa I've be-" her eyes literally became as large as saucers when she sighted the girl she was looking for on my lap.

  Iris was still in her pyjama shirt and shorts and her hair was as disheveled as it could ever be.

  I could only imagine what thoughts had crossed her mind on Louisa's where abouts.

  Edward stood directly behind her as the door was opened and his expression too was priceless.

" Mommy!! You've found me!" Louisa shouted then scurried off the bed to go hug her mother.

" F-found you?" If I could tell by the way her face looked ghostly, I would say she believes we're all from Candy Land.

" Yeah.. she was playing hide and seek and decided to hide in here" I shrugged.

" Uh.. I see. Uhm... Okay, well. Thanks." She picked up the little girl and carried her out of the room.

I decided it was also time to get ready for work.

  So I got up from the bed and walked straight into the bathroom.

Surprisingly, I miss the little girl already and she just left.