Chapter Forty Seven- chatting away

I'm so sorry I've not been updating, I've got a really busy schedule this year.

Speaking of which, happy New year lovelies.. I wish y'all nothing but the best.

Another update, though late..

With love from
Rose🖤

Please do enjoy 💖-------------------

Iris's p.o.v.

Edward was just driving out of the arrival area while Hunter and I climbed up a flight of stairs to the Reid's residence.

" Are you sure I shouldn't change? I feel so casual" I whined but honestly I do.

I was wearing a leopard print gown that ended mid thigh and is off shoulder with long sleeves, but I'm stepping into the house where multimillionaires will be feeding.

I only hope Michelle will not mistake me for their kitchen rag.

" Miss Jules for the last time, you look amazing" Hunter groaned and I don't blame him. This has got to be the twelfth time I've asked.

But still I pouted at his name referral.

" You said Jules" I plushed my lips in his direction.

" Yes, because I've been telling Iris she looks awesome but I haven't told Jules yet" he whisper snapped.

That may be true.

" So I look okay?" I just wanted to be hundred percent sure.

" Arrrrgh!! I am not answering that" He marched towards the door and pressed the doorbell.

A ding dong was heard and not up to fifteen seconds a plump short man opened the door.

" Welcome Mr McConnell" the petite Butler gave a curt nod before excusing us and opening the door wide enough for us to go through.

Hunter gestured with his hand for me to go first .

Who would've guessed that chivalry was still existent.

I walked into the open room and my mouth fell agape.

Their house is larger from within.

The roof should be at least twenty extra feet above my head and golden chandeliers graced every corner with superb lighting.

This place was just an open hall but there were two doors on each wall from us.

" You coming or not?" Hunter's voice brings my wandered mind back to the reason for being here.

He was biting down a smirk mockingly at my awe. I only sent him a glare and followed closely behind.

He stepped towards the first door on the right wall and gently pulled it open.

His lack of confusion made me realize he's frequented this building more often than not.

  Holding the door open for me as I walked in then he followed suit.

  Mrs Reid was the first person who caught my eye as she whizzed around the dining table with a maid following her every movements.

  They were setting plates all round like she was preparing to meet the president.

Is this how rich people eat meals?

The dining hall was an exquisite room with high class decor. The room giving off an eighty's vibe due to it's magnificent lighting.