Chapter nine- This Bastard

I'd gotten Louisa ready for school and sent her off with Edward.

  Now i was just in front of my mirror trying to create a messy bun of my hair to cover the scar on my hairline.

  And sadly it's not working. The mark is just insistent on being displayed.

  Okay, ponytail might work out.

  I untied the bun and passed a comb through my hair over seven times to smoothen it out.

  Tying my hair with a fancy ruffle into a ponytail, I considered using a hair gel to style its edges and conceal the scar.

   But after almost fifteen minutes of efforts, it was still a stupid idea.

" Funny how the easiest things get you frustrated" I murmured to myself out of my slowly building anger.

" You really are a funny lady aren't you?" The french accent grasping my attention.

  I turned to see who just spoke and it was one of the ladies who worked here. The tallest one at that.

" When did you come in?"

" Well, long enough to discover that you can't hide that scar on your forehead " She answered and walked towards me with slow and sleek runway model steps.

  She was most definitely the tallest and nice figured amongst the ladies who work here. And she was a pretty lady at that.

  Not a captivating kind of beauty but just pretty in her own way. I presumed her to have worked as a model before considering her age wasn't so little.

" I'm not trying to hide it " I pouted and turned back to my mirror.

  She laughed like I just cracked a joke before appearing behind me in the mirror.

" Yes, I'd believe that the moment Hunter decides to get married "

Well you're in for a long wait.

" I'm just, i don't want it to be seen that's all " I said while trying to cover up the scar again with my hair.

" Tsk tsk tsk" She pulls my hand away from it's determined job at the moment " The scar or not, there's no much difference to you "

Maybe to you, but to me I look like a suffering squabble.

" Is this because of Hunter?" She asked again with a smirk on her face.

Because of Hunter? Does she know what had happened in the past between Hunter and I?

" What do you mean?" I asked her to be sure of where she stood.

" Is it because of Hunter? Are you trying to impress him?"  Her smirk growing wider.

  Okay, we're definitely not on the same page.

" What!? No!" I was hiding the scar from Hunter not to impress him but to hide the fact that he had given me a mark in life I may never forget.

" Don't be shy love, Hunter is definitely one appealing to the eyes" She started as she took hold of my hair in one hand and removed the ruffle with another.

" Ha, i don't think so" I rolled my eyes and let her continue with whatever she was doing on my head.

  She laughed again " Don't deny it love. And are you trying to tell me all these struggle with your hair is for nothing?" She began brushing the hair with soft strokes.

" Well it's for something, to hide it from him"

" Because you don't want him to see you as ugly?"

More like I don't want him to see what he put there.

" I don't care what he thinks of me"

"That's not the impression you're giving off. You see dear, if you want to get someone to like you, it's best you're yourself and nothing more or less" She was rolling my hair up into a bun.

" I'm not interested in him"

" Sure you're not "  She took a brush and smothered some parts of the hair.

I was done with this argument. She won't believe me, so be it.

   She picked up the styling gel and ran along the edges with her index finger, then brushed up the finishing touches.

" What do you think?" She asked when she was done.

  I wasn't a fan of overdoing things but I'm glad she didn't need me to tell her that before she decided to help. The scar was covered though not completely but it was at least manageable.

"Thank you so much!" I squealed at the one minute miracle.

" Don't sweat it" She smiles and looks at me for a while longer "Jules?"

"Yeah?"

" You're a really beautiful lady. Don't let one scar make you think otherwise "

If only it was that easy.

I pulled out a full grin in appreciation of her comment.

" And though I'm not married nor do I have a kid I still have instincts that tend to kick in every now and then. And it will be important if i told you that going for Hunter will only hit a dead end. If only I listened to these instincts earlier " Wasn't she just the one telling me how to be myself for Hunter?

" I don't understand " She needs to be clear on where she stands.

" I've made some mistakes while working for Hunter and trust me when I'm just looking out for a sister "

Hmm... I see where this is heading.

" And by mistakes, you mean you've had sex with him" Curiosity killed the cat.

She sighed " not something I'm really proud of, but he made me believe we were heading somewhere. Everything was just building castles in the sand "

Was there a girl on earth who Hunter's rod hadn't penetrated?

" What made you think it was all false?" My questions never end.

" Of course being who he is moved on to his next patient. And I was long forgotten, like I never existed"

  That had got to hurt.

" Then why do you still live here with him? I mean he did hurt you "

" I met him here, I'm in control of all his staffs here plus it's his dad who employed me not him. If i leave it will be stupid of me. I did make my choices wrongly "

" That's strong " I smiled at her willpower.

" Oh yes, especially when you're the one in charge of planning his upcoming wedding whichever date it is"

Wait!

" What?"

" His wedding, been procrastinating it for almost a year now. That dude isn't ready to get settled for anything "

That was not the answer I was looking for.

" He's getting married? To-" I wasn't done when another voice joined our conversation.

" Save the girl gossip for later, you booked us a meeting. Remember?" Hunter walked in with a glass of water or colorless wine in his hand.

" Good morning Mr McConnell " She greeted him with a warm smile.

" Morning Claudette, Iris?" So that's her name.

" It's Jules, and if you're waiting for my greetings it ain't gonna happen " I picked up my purse and started to walk passed him but he gripped my hand halfway.

" I like your hair, a lot less whipping will be done " He smirked and took a sip from his glass.

  So that's why he wanted my hair up.

This Bastard!