chapter fifteen- Not knowing better be damned

Check out a book by a friend Tz_sophie on wattpad.. Three rules to being a better you. A short inspirational piece you'd love. 💜

  It's finally Saturday and Louie seems to have stepped out of her Trance of fear.

  And I couldn't be happier.

  She was arguing with Jennifer, a slim sized elderly lady who helped me pick out my gown about what type of earrings suit my dress.

" A really really long dangly one, don't you think so mummy?"

  Jennifer laughed at her persistence and grabbed her with both hands.

" I think your momma should be better off with a stud or a pearl, don't you think Claudette?"

" Of course I agree but that little ninja in your arms might bite our head off if we do otherwise " Claudette who was adding finishing touches to my make up said before she peeked behind me to know if Louisa heard her.

And she did.

" If mummy doesn't wear my earrings then I am not going to school on Monday " Loiusa huffed and folded her arms.

  That made Jennifer and Claudette laugh, if I didn't know loiusa I would have laughed too. But I know her better than anyone.

  If she says she ain't going, the roof has got to come down before she changes her mind.

" With this kind of girl in my life, I don't need a television " Claudette laughed as she touched a little bronzer over my nose bridge.

" Seriously, She's met with my daughters just once and I can see the effects " Jennifer chipped in.

  Jennifer had twin girls who are two years older than Louisa, they came over with their Dad to see their mom on Thursday, I wasn't around at the moment but I heard Louie was and it was a day they may never forget.

"Pink or nude" Claudette asked me, holding out two bottles of gloss lipstick.

" Which do you think is better? My clothing is all white after all " Literally everything was white. Down to my shoes and accessories.

" Nude it is then" She flinged the pink onto the bed and opened the nude gloss.

" Mummy, do you think I'm getting fat?" Louisa's question surprised me.

  She's never asked that before and I wonder why she's bothered.

" No?.. Why do you ask ?" I spoke which earned me a shush from Claudette who was about to apply my lipstick.

" There's this girl in our class, she said black hair is boring because she's a blonde, then she told me I'm fat"

  This isn't all to the story. I personally believe there is more.

" Then?" Jennifer asks her for the rest of the tale because no one would believe that's the end of a story with Louie.

" Well... I may have given her a haircut "

  Claudette who was focused on my makeup before burst out laughing and gave her a high five.

" That's my fire princess " She managed to blurt out in between her laughs.

" Fire princess? She's an entire fire nation" Jennifer added.

  Okay, so I may have laughed too. But isn't it wrong for a parent to encourage their child on this?