She was indeed gold in the midst of clay and that was why his tale had to end this way.
Nothing beautiful can ever exist in his life. He was tired of keeping her from happiness, he wanted her to experience that joy others had experienced.
That joy he had deprived her. He wanted to be a good friend and let her go. This may be his last opportunity to sow a good seed in life.
He fondled with the tip of her hair and watched as she also watched him.
He had never seen anyone with a heart so deep and forgiving in his entire life. That she could even allow him to get so close to her after all he had done.
" Iris I'm still very sorry"
Iris had moved on to a better life. Infact, she no longer bore her name. She was now referred to as Jules.
Working as the secretary for one of the most lucrative businessmen in Bridgewaters seemed like the best of her good years, till a temporary transfer was made.
She was now to work for another employee. Mr McConnell's son. The man who made her high school days miserable, the man who broke her and made sure she had no means to pick herself back up.
The man who raped her.
Now theirs is a tale of hate, hurt, regrets, tears, fears and discovery.
And maybe love.
Don't forget, there's a very thin line between love and hate.
• #1 in the wattys 2018 [ 18/1/19 ]
• #2 in the wattys 2019 [28/1/19 ]
• #1 in new novel [20/2/19]
• #3 in romance ❄️ Winter Dusk Awards ❄️
• copyright 2019™©
- Chapter one- you'll be traveling tomorrow
- chapter two - life is playing tricks on me, isn't it?
- Chapter three- Since when did you have such a snappy mouth?
- Chapter four- Keep that bastard under control.
- Chapter five- oh, and it's Jules
- Chapter six- Way too much
- chapter seven- I don't leave Nuisances around my work place
- Chapter eight- A Friend
- Chapter nine- This Bastard
- Chapter ten- Don't be a time waster
- chapter eleven- So Dad was right huh?
- Chapter twelve- Is that a bad thing?
- Chapter thirteen- She had really changed
- Chapter fourteen- I'm beginning to reconsider this entire idea
- chapter fifteen- Not knowing better be damned
- chapter sixteen- I think I discovered that already
- Chapter seventeen- For all I know this girl is crazy
- Chapter eighteen- But I'm not going to say it
- Chapter Nineteen- I love this girl
- Chapter Twenty- I'm not fine
- Chapter Twenty one- P.S. touch her and you're dead
- Chapter twenty two- Thank you
- Chapter twenty three- A little play hurts no one
- Chapter twenty four- A little prouder than when I stepped in
- Chapter twenty five- Get out of my cellphone
- Chapter twenty six - You don't learn do you?
- Chapter twenty seven- I'm getting tired
- Chapter twenty eight- when will murder serve a less penalty?
- Chapter Twenty Nine- I know it was Mason
- Chapter thirty- If you put it that way
- Chapter Thirty one- I don't think so
- Chapter thirty two- knowing who he is
- Chapter Thirty Three- Dylan?
- Chapter Thirty Four- Dylan and Iris?
- Chapter Thirty Five- Tiniest thread ever created.
- Chapter thirty six- What did I do?
- Chapter thirty seven- Do we?
- Chapter Thirty Eight- long night
- Chapter Thirty Nine - Everyone drove home
- Chapter Forty- He also has a sister.
- Chapter Forty One- Something else.
- Chapter Forty Two- Only worse this time
- Chapter Forty Three- like a baby
- Chapter forty four- just for you
- Chapter Forty five- Finally
- Chapter Forty Six- Two Children inside
- Chapter Forty Seven- chatting away
- Chapter Forty Seven B
- Chapter forty eight- A successful exit
- Chapter Forty Nine- At least
- Chapter Fifty- Yes
- Chapter fifty one- I need to grow
- Not an update!
- Chapter fifty two- I don't think
- Chapter fifty three- I have a visitor
- Chapter fifty four- I miss the little girl already
- Chapter fifty five
- Chapter fifty six- I'm sorry
- Chapter fifty seven
- Chapter fifty eight- I really don't care
- Chapter fifty nine- She was out the door
- Chapter Sixty- funny thing is
- Chapter Sixty One- this is my secretary
- Chapter sixty two- priceless
- Chapter sixty three- extra scented cologne
- Chapter sixty four- Almost swiftly
- Chapter Sixty Five- Nights
- Chapter sixty six - How do you feel
- Chapter sixty seven- Hi
- Chapter Sixty Eight- Guess what
- Chapter Sixty Nine- flower girl
- Chapter Seventy - Ends
- A√N / Sequel