Chapter Twenty Four

En başından başla

"I've allowed my assistant manager to take these days as holiday for all these years," he had stated. "I feel that it is more than a little fair for him to cover me this time. It is not as if he'll be the only person working over the holidays, such is the hospitality business."

Yori felt his best option was to discuss the invitations with Ryota and decide from there. In the end, with agreement from all family members, it was decided that the couple would accept Hideaki's invitation for the 25th and invite Ryota's family for the 26th to the hotel, while Uncle Himura was invited to spend time with Yori at the hotel's restaurant on the 27th. Ryota had caused the restaurant nightmares when attempting to book at such a late stage, but somehow they managed to reserve a table for the V.I.P's.

Hideaki was absolutely thrilled to see his brother and felt the same stirrings as he had when he was a child and wanting to meet the baby Yori for the first time. He was also welcoming to Ryota who clearly adored his brother and the two couples sat down to an intimate meal in the apartment above the florist's small dining room.

"So what news was it that you wished to tell me?" Yori asked as he stroked the tartan scarf's angora wool between his fingers, the first gift from his brother in twenty six years. He didn't still have the very first, sadly, that childish drawing had been lost to time. He hadn't been sure what gifts to purchase them and had decided on a designer pen for Hideaki and a pretty silver bracelet with flower charms for Eiko.

Hideaki and his wife shared a look and a warm smile. "Eiko is expecting our baby," he said excitedly. "I'm going to be a father! You're going to be an uncle."

"Congratulations!" Ryota said to Eiko, who blushed and thanked him.

"How far along?" Yori asked curiously.

"Um, actually seven weeks," Eiko said, still a little flushed of face. "Give or take." The couple instinctively felt that their little one was a honeymoon baby, but couldn't confirm this until they went for the scans.

"That's wonderful news," Yori told her warmly.

Yori stayed the night at Ryota's apartment atop the hotel and woke a little achy, but it didn't seem to prevent him from floating happily about the kitchen as the pair began to prepare a homemade meal for Ryota's family members. There was a tense moment as they realised the turkey just barely fit in the oven, Ryota had chosen a splendidly large bird to serve. They peeled, shaped and cut a variety of vegetables, before preparing various trimmings and then abandoned the mess for a while to curl up on the sofa with a glass of wine in hand.

Ryota brushed the flour off of Yori's cheek and their beverages became abandoned for a while as they savoured each other's taste and sharing breath. Their kisses slowly became more heavy and intimate as they lost themselves together, brought back to reality only when an alarm went off. It was time to baste the turkey again. Yori laughed as Ryota rose from the sofa grumbling.

Just as Ryota was removing the turkey some hours later, freeing up the oven so they could oven cook the potatoes and root vegetables, the doorbell rang. Yori was up to his elbows in soapy bubbles as he cleaned up some of the equipment they had used so far, so while Yori dried his hands, Ryota moved to answer the door.

Aisha and Keko came in first, the latter showing a few signs of weariness, but the beaming smiles upon their faces told Yori that things were generally well with both. He released the sigh that he did not know he was holding. Behind them came Keko's parents, who Yori, for all the time that he had known the girls, had never actually met. Ryota kissed the small, dark-skinned woman upon her plush cheek and shook the hand of her tall husband. It was clear who Keko took after the most from her prominent cheekbones to her imposing figure. Her father had the same proud bearing.

The older couple chatted with Ryota for a while, thanking him for arranging them and their three foster children a suite in his lovely hotel.  They mentioned that the children, who ranged from ten to fourteen, were having a blast using some of the child friendly facilities and were currently in the room watching movies with dinner delivered by room service.  Having not been yet noticed, nor expected, Yori quietly approached and softly coughed when he was close to Ryota's side.

The girls looked startled. "Yori!" Aisha exclaimed. "What are you doing here?" But Yori didn't answer, just glanced at Ryota, who's face broke into a huge smile.

"Mum, dad," he addressed the couple who had fostered him through his teen years with warmth. "I want you to meet Yori, my boyfriend!"

"It's nice to meet you," Yori smiled and offered his hand, while inwardly amused by the shocked glances upon the girls faces. The older couple greeted Yori, while openly curious about this stunning young man before them.

Aisha punched Yori's arm. "You didn't tell me!" She pouted for a moment before her eyes began to twinkle, mischievously. "And didn't you tell me that you were never going to date an Alpha?"

"I dated you," he pointed out in retort, his arms crossed over his chest.

"I don't think that counts," Aisha laughed considering what they had could hardly be considered dating.  Her giggles were suddenly broken as she and Yori found themselves dragged into their respective green-eyed lovers arms.  Yori inwardly rolled his eyes, it seemed this brother and sister did not need to be blood related to share the same possessive traits.  Still, this was a side of Ryota he hadn't really witnessed before and he couldn't say that he didn't like it.  So he glanced up at his lover and smiled, before mentioning that they should probably concentrate on finishing cooking dinner or they would be ordering room service, just like the foster children!