Chapter Fifteen

The dress was a princess style gown with spaghetti straps and a long flowing skirt.  A mixture of small and large fabric flowers had been sewn onto the hem and train making it appear that the otherwise white dress was embellished with its own pale pink meadow.  The colour gently faded to white as the flowers became scattered and fewer as they made their way up the skirt.  Eiko did not embellish her look with too much jewellery, just wore a simple pink collar about her neck and pearl earrings.  She looked very radiant and Hideaki's eyes softly watered.  He had fallen in love with the omega woman all over again.

The happy couple exchanged vows in the small registry office, with very few friends and relatives serving as witnesses, but that did not matter to them as they clearly had eyes only for each other.  Eiko blushed softly as the minister announced them husband and wife and indicated that Hideaki ought to kiss his bride, which he did with much enthusiasm.  The ceremony was very beautiful.

As he sat close to where the groom was standing, Yori felt hot eyes pierce him every so often and eventually when the man could stand it no longer, he turned to face the person sitting beside him.  Ryota did not seem fazed that he had been caught staring and simply smiled warmly, watching with some delight as the colour rose in Yori's cheeks.  Yori snapped his head back around and tried to concentrate on the rest of the ceremony, but he could still feel those eyes upon him, feeling as if his skin was being caressed by his glances.

The guests trickled out of the registry office and were thanked by the bride and groom, who asked them if they would stay for a few photos before making their way to the small pub hall that Eiko's cousins had hired for them, in lieu of a gift.  They made their way to the pretty park across the street, which many newly wedded couples used to commemorate their big day.  Hideaki covered Eiko's bare shoulders with a warm faux fur shrug and curled his arm about her waist as they followed their guests.

However the photographer was feeling lazy, more so that he had been forced by his boss to attend this small omega's wedding.  He should have been taking shots of that alpha's new daughter, dammit!  How was he supposed to gain exposure like this?  Ryota, who had been peering over his shoulder, showed him his card and advised him that if he ever wanted to continue to remain employed, he ought to retake the photographs and do a better job this time.  Ryota had many contacts, especially in the wedding industry in order to advertise his hotel to potential couples.  The photographer's work improved dramatically, he took several beautiful shots, including one of the hotel manager and his date.

The small pub hall was nothing to write home about, however Eiko's family had decorated it quite nicely.  Eiko didn't have much family.  She had been raised by her grandmother after her ungrateful daughter abandoned her with the woman and took off with her boyfriend.  When the old woman died, she had left Eiko her shop.  Eiko's two uncles had been blessed with several children between them despite being beta or married to beta's.  Because Eiko had been born an omega, they honestly never thought that they would see this day and were very, very happy for her.  Throwing this reception for her was their way of showing it.

They sat down to eat a simple buffet, only the bride and groom were served, everyone else happily made do.  The best man took to his feet, slightly drunk, to give his speech.  The alpha male was Hideaki's best friend from university and had stuck by him despite all the difficulties he had experienced in the last thirteen years.  When Hideaki had introduced him to Yori, the man had actually been willing to step down and let his best friend's brother take his place.  But Yori had refused him.  He was grateful, but he and Hideaki were not all that close yet.  Better to let the person who was retain the role.

Hideaki thanked Justin wryly for his slurred speech and then offered his own thanks to the guests for coming.  He then introduced everybody at once to his long lost brother, who blushed furiously under the scrutiny.  Hideaki thanked Yori for giving him the chance to a big brother once again.  And lastly he thanked Eiko for being his wife.