Chapter 5 (Unedited)

(Will draw the main character now and then, nothing really consistent still I am still learning how to draw the same character in different poses etc

(Will draw the main character now and then, nothing really consistent still I am still learning how to draw the same character in different poses etc. The cover and this here drawn by me, the main character with a fox on her shoulder. Added some color for the cover one on my digital tablet. Not the best but hopefully will improve the more I draw her)

"You have been here since yesterday and the fairies have treated you...nicely? They are known to play with their targets, but braiding in flowers is..." The boy seemed very confused, his fingers running through his dark locks of hair as he let out a frustrated sound as he came up empty with any sensible reason.

Meanwhile the girl, although also seeming surprised, was more preoccupied with other thoughts as she paced around unable to stay still. 

"The fairies are never easy to understand, no point in wondering about why they haven't eaten her. For all we know she could be reserve food or really fun to tease to them. It has nothing to do with us, we need to get back to looking for what we came here for" She spares me no glance as she looks at the boy. She looked impatient and as if she had a solid goal set in mind. 

"Yeah..but Belline..if that's the case then we should help her find the way out" I was surprised by the kind intention in those words, although I felt no danger here after hearing about how the fairies would play with and eat those who enter the forest to absorb their magic. This place had gained a more uncomfortable feeling. 

"Malie, if we don't find that piece soon then we will have trouble even protecting ourselves from them, let alone saving this girl. We don't have time either to bring her to the exit of the forest now either." She looks over at me, eyes seeming to burn into me as she scans me over. 

I can't help looking away, down to the ground as I hug myself, feeling uncomfortable under her gaze. She....felt cold. I felt as if I were under the judging gazes of my aunt and cousin. 

"Her hair is to long, and she looks clumsy. it doesn't look like she knows how to fight and if the fairies like her enough to play with her for so long I feel we will anger them if we take her with us. She will just drag us down, you won't be able to save everyone Maile, especially not if we die here" Her expression grew softer as she looked back over to him, a hand placed gently on his shoulder as he turned his head to look back at her. 

I....feel very strong third wheel vibes. I take a small step back, grabbing a piece of my long hair and look down to see it has now reached the grassy ground. I bite my bottom lip, feeling sick to my stomach as I realize I really would be a hindrance. Besides....leaving the forest is not what I truly wanted, it would be better to find the way home...right?

"Belline! What kind of ruler will I be to my kingdom if I can't even save one life? Putting my life first.....just won't do! Protect those who need protecting, especially the powerless....that is one of the duties of a good ruler. Get the item and save this girl, their is no other option" He pulled away from her, voice loud as he declared his goal. He seemed conflicted at first, deciding on this after getting a look of determination on his face.