I Didn't Want You To Cry Anymore

Izuku feels the cold ground against his back and the wetness of the shivering rain showering his cheeks. He cracks his eyes open, waking up, slowly trying to remember where he is and what happened. The first few things he sees are the dark clouds raining down him and the black sooted walls of the buildings around him.

Ah. That's right. He came running towards that villain. Against fire, against screams, against heroes and against fear. But there's no flames right now, no screams, no heroes. They're gone. It's quiet compared to before. Before Kacchan-

"How sad."

Izuku moves his head over to the side, confused emerald eyes following that empty voice tinged with indifference. He sees that crowd of standby again, just behind that yellow line. Izuku ran past that line. He ran past that crowd who watched Katsuki suffer. He ran past those heroes who did nothing to save him. Izuku even pushed through someone, a schoolmate, because he had to save Katsuki.

This is just like Izuku in school, in his neighborhood, his whole life. Just because you're quirkless, that meant people can pretend they can't hear your cries, they can ignore your pain. But it's okay if that happens to Izuku. It's okay if that continues for the rest of his life but not anyone else's. Not on Kacchan's life.

One of them was sobbing amongst the crowd, her cries echoing the quiet street. Most of the crowd had that look on their faces.Why are they even looking like that? Why do they even have the right to look sad?  What are they...even looking at?

Where is Kacchan?

Izuku moves his head to the other side, following the crowd's gaze, following someone's cry. To find Katsuki. To know if he's okay. To know if God answered his prayers. He won't say he loves him if Kacchan is saved. He won't talk to him, even dare look at him if he's okay. Please. Please. Please. Please, God. KATSU-

A hand suddenly covers Izuku's face. It pushes him back, pushes his face away, his eyes away. The hand was warm and so familiar but it wasn't Kacchan's! Izuku tries to pull it off of him, but nails digs in his face, forcing his eyes away. It hurts. It hurts. Who the hell is this?!

"STOP IT! LET GO OF ME!!" Izuku gets pinned down by the waist, a person straddling him down. He's too strong. He doesn't like this. Izuku doesn't want this feel this way again. He has to find Kacchan. Izuku has to-! He has to-! "I HAVE TO SAVE KACCHAN!!!"

"Don't look! Don't move, Midoriya!"

This voice. This hand. Why is he here?! Why of all people-?! Izuku dreads what this hand will do to him again. Not when he has to save Katsuki! Why are you here?! Go away! Go away! These hands are-!

"Or I'll swear I'll- GAAAAAAH!"

Izuku bites another pair of fingers this week. He spits out the blood at the side, eyes already prepared to glare at this man on top of him. The moment those hands lifts off his face, he sees that person's disgusting face.

Aruto Meirei.

But Izuku's glare stops seeing those supposedly golden eyes suddenly pale green. Huh? That color is familiar. When did Izuku see those eyes before? Is this really Aruto?

"WHY ARE YOU GOING BACK TO HIS SIDE?!!!"

But it's him. The rain drops over his black silky hair, soaking the bandages over his black and blue face. The rain that spreads over his head to his green eyes and over his cheeks made the look on his face unrecognizable. There was no disgust, nor lust, nor anger but the warm tears drop across Aruto's face and Izuku lies there on the ground, completely still.