Heartbreak, the Word Cannot Describe This Hell I'm In

"Leave me alone."

Izuku tries to reach Katsuki's hand again, desperate. He just can't believe what Kacchan is saying right now. This must be a nightmare. It has to be.

Yet the pain in his heart when Katsuki swats his hand away didn't wake him at all. Not even for the first time, Katsuki pushes him to the ground and hits the ground.

"Ow!" Izuku winces. He always got pushed around when bigger kids bully him. He thought he was used to it. He thought that everything will be fine because Kacchan will always help him then. Kacchan always save him when he's in a pinch. For him he's his---

What's wrong with Kacchan? Why is he doing this?

"Kacchan? Are you mad? I just came from the hospital with mommy but I wasn't sick. I didn't leave without telling you yesterday. I just didn't know that I would be there the whole day."

Izuku looks up. Katsuki isn't answering. His face distorts into a cruel look and glowers at Izuku with burning red eyes. Izuku trembles when he looks at him. Kacchan is scary.

Izuku can't properly meet his eyes anymore. Kacchan is just moody today. Think of something else to talk about. "Ah! D-Did you know Anna-chan went away to her grandmother's? I wasn't able to thank her for my fortune but di-did you ask her for yours, Kacchan?"

"SHUT UP!!!" Izuku shudders when Katsuki suddenly screams. There's something wrong.

"Did I...did I do something?" Izuku tries to reach out for his hand.  I'm sorry, Kaccha--"

"You're quirkless." Izuku's hand reaching out to Katsuki stops. Katsuki's voice so dead, so wrong that Izuku can't think straight. It just be because of his quirkless. But he can still do their promise. They can still be heroes together. Right? Right?!

Don't be like mommy.

"I can be a hero too, right Mommy?"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry Izuku! I'm so sorry!"

I can still be a hero, right? Right, Kacchan? Please, tell me.

"You're never going to be a hero." Katsuki looks at him dead in the eye. His mouth turns into a cruel scowl and his fist clenches tight as he turns Izuku's fragile heart into pieces.

"Wha..." Tears fell from Izuku's trembling green eyes. No. No. Izuku doesn't want that. I want you to say something else. Not this! "I...can still be a hero!!!"

"No. You won't. You're quirkless. You're useless. You broke our promise and I can't be with a quirkless loser." Katsuki's voice with those words is too much. Izuku tries to study Katsuki's eyes. For something. For anything. A lie? A joke? But he can't see anything else when all he sees is blur. Blur from his big fat tears that wants to go out.

"No! I can! I can be one! Why are you being mean, Kacchan?!!"

Katsuki clenches his teeth, his palms gripping the edge of shirt when he screams again. "BECAUSE I KNOW YOU'LL TRY TO BE STUPID AND STILL WANT TO BE A HERO! YOU THINK A USELESS TURD LIKE YOU CAN DEFEAT A VILLAIN? YOU'LL DIE THE SECOND THEY SEE YOU!"

Izuku's crying escalates. "Why...why...I want to be a hero, like All Might...like Kacchan!" Izuku jumps to tackle Katsuki to the ground. To stop him from saying such cruel words. To hug him like he always does when he cries.

"YOU'RE USELESS! A 'DEKU'! I--I--!" Izuku feels Katsuki fighting against his hug and he tries to hug him tighter. He can't let him go. He can't believe Kacchan would say such a thing to him. But Izuku loses his strength when Katsuki said.

"I HATE YOU, IZUKU!!!"

Izuku let's Katsuki go. He tries to see his Katsuki's expression, his face, his eyes to know if everything he said is true. He sees something clear against his own tears. Katsuki's eyes, crying. "No! No No No No No!! Don't say that Kacchan, I lov---!!"

A blinding pain pushes Izuku to the side and against the ground. He tastes the metallic sting of blood dripping on his cheeks and to his lips. He looks back in shock at Katsuki and his sparking and smoking palms. His right hand red.

Kacchan got his quirk. He hit me? He-He used his quirk on me?

Red burning eyes glares at Izuku. There were no tears on his Katsuki's eyes so Izuku must have imagined it. Katsuki growls at Izuku, his palms exploding repeatedly as a threat.

Izuku feels the pain on his cheeks burn even more. Blood dripping from his face and to the ground. He sees the red blood on the dirty ground. He sees the red glowing eyes burning into Izuku. Fore first time, Izuku flinches in fear in front of Katsuki.

"Don't ever say that to me, quirkless." Katsuki turns his back on him and leaving Izuku shocked and heartbroken on the ground.

Izuku couldn't tell him to stop. He couldn't when he is trembling so much that he couldn't stand.

That red lively eyes and small hand holding him before, who played beside him everyday. That widest and pretty grin of his
and that voice that said the most ridiculous yet sweetest words to Izuku are now gone.

Those memories are now gone.

Kacchan, don't leave me.

____________________________________________

It's kinda fucked up, isn't it?

How all of a sudden, I come back and he doesn't want to talk to me again. He just left me hanging like I never meant anything to him. Like I was just an extra in his life. He was my best friend and now he's not.

Was I ever his friend in the first place?

He threw me away the day I knew I was quirkless. All those promises we made, being heroes together were gone.

But I really thought, he would still accept me.

I was wrong.

Here I was. Bruises and blood all over me because I was useless now, a Deku.

He hates me. He loathes me. Everyone did.

His fists hurt me and his cruel words cut deeper than any wound.

My admiration for him turned into heartbreak, fear and jealousy.

And what hurts me the most is how he made it so easy.