Things You Love Most (Request) (Part One)

• Dedicated to Ana :)

"Hey, Ana!" I heard Niall call down the hallway as I walked to lunch. I flipped around, seeing him run up to me.

"I finally have a crush," he grinned proudly. Niall hadn't ever liked anyone, or at least, no one he'd told me about.

And something about the way he was smiling at me gave me unprecendented hope that it was me. I may or may not have liked him. A lot.

"Who?" I wondered, growing more and more anxious to know.

"Emma," he breathed, looking entirely infautuated. My heart dropped as quickly as it had been lifted up. It couldn't be.

"Emma-" I started, wanting the last name. Emma was a common name, after all.

"Yeah, your sister," he confirmed, knocking me out of the sky. But she wasn't my sister; she was my twin.

Emma had always been prettier than me, so she was more popular. It shouldn't have surprised me that Niall liked her; actually, it didn't. The only thing I felt was crushing sadness.

"Oh," I tried to smile, continuing back down the hallway without another word or expression. I couldn't find anything I would have or want to say other than why?

He didn't follow me.

At lunch, he ditched me to sit with her, and I heard later that day that they were dating. My friend, Dora, came up to me later, looking bored but ticked off at the same time.

"I told Niall how much of an idiot he is," she dead-panned, and I knew what she meant. My eyes widened at my second thought.

"You told him I liked him?!" I almost screamed, a few people flooding through the hallways next to us staring.

"No!" she shushed me, rolling her eyes. "I just told him how rude and stupid his 'girlfriend' was," she shrugged, calming both of us back down.

"What did he say?" I asked, not realizing how ridiculous I must have looked, chewing on my nail with my eyebrows high enough to be stars in the night sky.

"He yelled at me," she snorted, and I admired how laid-back she was about the whole thing. I nodded, sighing.

"I wish he hadn't told me he liked her," I spoke, shaking my head. "The look on his face when he said her name was everything and every way I want him to look at me." Unexpected tears dropped down my cheeks, a pain in my chest. I couldn't help but feel sorry for myself.

Would Emma always take the things I love most from me?

.

.

oh my gosh my lack of updates tho

I hate myself for making you all wait nabskdnwlsbdh

oh btw this is for XxLove5SOSxX's friend, Emma :D

Mel x