River

"Since it's just you who has homework to finish," Niall started, smiling at me while gathering some stuff up. I furrowed my eyebrows, waiting for him to finish his sentence.

"I'm going down to the creek," he announced, taking a picnic basket. I blinked, wondering if he was really about to leave me alone in his house.

"Niall," I called, causing him to stop at the back door. He had told me about the creek down by his house, but we had never been down there together. He smirked at me.

"I can do it later," I said, playing with my fingers in my lap. He beamed at me, nodding for me to come with him. I shot out of my seat, running towards him. We walked down to the shore of the wide creek bed, and I squinted in the nearly-summer sun.

"How come we've never come down here before?" I ask while watching him lay out a blanket.

"It's been too cold," he said, patting the space next to the picnic basket on the blanket. He pulled out some sandwiches and juice boxes.

"You probably take all of your female victims down here, yeah?" I teased, taking a bite of my sandwich; it was divine.

"Oh yeah," he smiled, looking up at me. "My first was kiss was just down abit," he said, pointing down the river.

"I kissed her against a tree. It was pretty steamy." My eyes didn't leave him.

"Who?" I asked, all joking gone from my voice. I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous.

"I was joking, (Y/N)," he chuckled, looking away to say, "I've never kissed anyone." I felt instant relief.

"Me neither," I sighed, looking out at the water. We left it at that, sitting in comfortable silence until our food was gone.

"Wanna go in?" he asked. I looked at him.

"Is it cold?" I wondered, picking up a rock from a few inches away. He shrugged, smiling over at me.

"You'll have to find out," he sighed, standing up.

"But you have to wait an hour before you eat to go swimming," I countered. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"That's rubbish," he scoffed, pulling me up.

"What if I-" He stopped me by pressing a finger to my lips.

"Just get in," he ordered, trying to hide his smile. I rolled my eyes, glad for the outfit I was wearing (pic on the side). I slipped off my boots and stuck my feet in the water. Only then did it occur to me that I was wearing a white tank top.

Great.

There was a big rock a few steps away, so we both climbed up on that.

"You first," I smiled, watching him stand up on the rock. It was a pretty wide creek, so it must have been pretty deep. He jumped in, coming back up and flipping his deflated quiff out of his face.

"Don't jump in," he said, wiping some water off his face. I couldn't help but run my eyes over his shirt that was sticking to him. He was fit.

"It's not deep enough," he groaned, rubbing his probably bruising knees. I shrugged, lowering myself off the rock and into the water. It only came up to my lower thigh.

I took out the rock I still had in my hand, attempting to skip it on the water like my dad always did.

"Dang," I sighed, watching it splash stupidly, sinking to the bottom.

"Here," Niall offered, picking up a rock from the relatively clear water beneath us. "Like this." He bent his arm and skipped the rock three times across the rushing water.