Chapter 15: Brusies

MITCH P.O.V
I lay across the backseat of the cop car, resting my head in Kirstie's lap. My body is shaking from nerves and I feel sick. I can't believe I let him down. This is all my fault. 

We arrive at the hospital, and find Avi and Kevin in the waiting room. 

"Funny, we were here for you not too long ago." Kirstie chuckles looking at Avi. 

"But that was different, i know that Scott will be ok physically, its just the whole mental aspect of it that scares me." Kevin states. I sit down next to Kirstie and rest my head on he shoulder, not able to really say anything. It hurt knowing exactly what happened. It hurts more knowing that i couldn't stop it.

"Mitch Grassi?" A doctor appears in the waiting room. I stand up.

"Yes?" I ask the doctor nervously. 

"You are Scott's boyfriend, correct?" The doctor asks. I nod my head. Boyfriend. Still cant really believe that its true, although i love the sound of it. The doctor looks toward Avi, Kirstie and Kevin for validity. 

"Ok, follow me." I follow him down a hall way and into a small room. Scott lays in the bed, awake. My heart races, seeing him awake fills me with relief. I walk into the room and the doctor closes the door leaving the two of us alone. I pull the chair right up beside Scott's bed. 

"You're wearing my clothes." Scott laughs. I look at what I'm wearing, completely forgetting the fact that i just threw on something random so no one would see me in only a towel. Unfortunately people had to see Scott that way. 

"I couldn't come here in only a towel.." I look at him, trying to smile. 

"I'm sorry." I choke out. 

"Why? It wasn't your fault." Scott looks away from me. 

"What did he do?" I ask placing my hand on top of his, my voice shaking. He looks around the room, careful not to make eye contact with me. I hear a knock on the door and turn around to see Kirstie, Avi and Kevin at the door. 

"Can we come in?" Kirstie asks. Scott nods, and i move over so they could see him better. 

"When did you all find out i was here? Wasn't it some absurd hour of the night for you to be awake?" Scott asks. 

"Well Mitch called me basically right when he found you, and i had come over." Kirstie walks over to Scott and grabs his hand. 

"And i called Avi and Kevin after Mitch and I talked to the police officers." She finishes. His parents. I almost completely forgot about his parents. 

"And I called your parents too, they are coming to stay for a little while. They have a hotel room but they are staying in the apartment for a night." I looked at Scott, and notice that he tenses up. 

"Guys, your making such a big deal out of this, I'm fine, I'm going to be fine!" Scott laughs. Kirstie, Avi, Kevin and I exchange glances. We knew he wasn't being honest. We knew that he wanted us to think he is fine even though he wasn't. He always does. I hear another knock on the door and turn around to see Scotts mom and dad standing in the doorway. Avi and Kevin greet the Hoying's, and Kevin wheels Avi out of the room and back into the waiting room. They didn't want the room the get too crowded or uncomfortable. Kirstie looks at me and mouths the words "Should i leave." I shake my head no at her, wanting her to stay more then anything. Scott needed someone there with him with his parents, and i didn't know how long i could make it. I hate that i couldn't help him. I hate that i could stop this from happening. Kirstie sits in a chair on the opposite side of Scott's bed, and his parents stand at the foot of the bed, looking at him.