Chapter 11: Truth's Out

MITCH P.O.V

I wake up with Scott's arms wrapped around me, and cuddled into him. I cant believe that he is really mine.

"Good morning." Scott whispers in my ear. I smile and turn toward him, kissing him.

"Come on we have to wake up Avi and go to rehersal." I say and jump out of bed. I grab a shirt from Scott's closer and slip on a pair of jeans. I walk into my room with Scott and walke over to Avi, who's already awake. We help him change, and lift him into his wheelchair. I roll him into the living room and sit with him until Scott is done getting dressed. 

"Mitch?" Avi asks. Oh god i know what this is. 

"Yes Avi?" I answer.

"Is that? What i think it is?" He smirks at me while raising his eyebrows and pointing at the hickey on my neck. 

"Shut up!" I yell at him. I can feel my face heating up and turning red. 

"Scott hurry up!!!" I yell. Almost instantly he walks out of his room fully dressed. 

"Hey! He's got one too! Its definitely what i think it is!" Avi yells pointing to Scott. The three of us burst out into laughter, and i practically fall on the floor. 

"You know nothing!" Scott yells while laughing hysterically. 

"Come on lets go." I start wheeling Avi out of the apartment. 

**

I sit on the chair with Scott, and Esther, Kevin, Kirstie, sit on the couch across from us. Avi's wheelchair is placed by the end of the couch. 

"So we want to talk to you all about something." I start. 

"Can you start with the hickeys please?" Kirstie asks. 

"Just shhhhhh." Scott puts his finger to his lips. I look over to Scott to ask how we should tell them. 

"Kiss me." He whispers. Nerves fill my body. I slowly start to lean in, and so does Scott until our lips finally meet. I place my hand on his neck, and he places his on mine. I hear a few cheers coming from our friends, and i can feel Scott smile during the kiss. He pulls away. 

"Well if that didn't tell you anything, Me and Mitch are-" Mitch cuts me off.

"We are boyfriends." He says through a deep breath. All four of them have smiles on their face, except Esther looks utterly confused and happy at the same time. Avi already pretty much knew everything, so he just sat there smiling, and Kevin was still cheering for us. 

"WAIT SO OH MY GOD!" Kirstie yells excitedly and starts hitting Kevin. Scott and i burst out into laughter. 

"How long have you guys actually been like together?" Esther asks. Esther has no idea about everything that went down before we talked. 

"Well officially last night. We are slowly telling everyone, you guys were the first people to tell, then again you'd figure it out anyway. But we have been um, well basically we kissed and made up when Mitch came home that night." Scott tells them. 

"So i guess you two were up to something last night." Kevin smirks at us. 

"Woah woah hold up," Avi looks at us.

"Wait did you?" He asks. Scott and I look at each other and laugh a little. 

"Its not what your thinking." I laugh. 

"Well im pretty sure we are all thinking that you did...well everything." Esther speaks for the group. 

"We have only been together for a day, do you all have no morals? Gosh!" I say sassily. 

"You have known each other forever, its a little different. I'd be truly shocked if you haven't done it together yet." Kirstie laughs. 

"Woah woah woah, hey, I am still a virgin..." Scott says. He progressively got quieter through the sentence. 

"WAIT WHAT?" Everyone shouts at the same time. I notice Scotts face turn bright red. 

"Wait, what about that guy senior year? Didn't you ask me for advice about that, before you spent a weekend alone with him?" Kirstie asks. I notice Scott tense up. 

"Um no i asked you for advice, but got too scared, and faked the stomach bug to go home. It wasn't right. He wasn't the right person." Scott looks down and he almost looks sad, but i cant tell that's its fear, not sadness. I think back to high school, when Scott was dating the guy Kirstie is talking about.

"Wait, is that the guy who-" I stop myself before finishing that sentence. He looks up at me and i instantly know that my thought was 100% correct. 

"Ok can we not talk about him please. Its been a long time! I'm not with him anymore!" Scott yells. 

"So the two of you never did anything and neither did you and Mitch?" Esther asks. I answer for Scott, i can see the uneasiness in his body by the way he is shaking, and he is still standing. 

"No we just made out ok." I grab Scott's hand, and it is abnormally cold. 

"Scott are you ok, you like your going to be sick..." Avi says to Scott. I look up at Scott and he sits back down. 

"Ya i'm fine just bad memories." He says calmer. 

SCOTT P.O.V

Mitch is the only one who knows what went down with that guy. He doesn't even deserve his name to be said. I had forgotten about it all once i moved to California, but now that Kirstie brought him up i cant get it out of my head. 

"Scott what happened with that guy?" Kevin asks. 

"You don't need to hear my stupid swan song ok?" I yell. I still haven eaten anything since the day me and Mitch fought and i was just starting to want to eat, but now, i just feel like throwing up everywhere. 

"Scott..... please" Kirstie begs. I look at Mitch. 

"You remember?" I stare him in the eyes. He nods his head. I dont know why i asked him, i knew he already knew. 

"Tell them." I say toward him. I squeeze his hand tightly. 

"That guy used to hit Scott. Ya Scott loved him, but when that weekend happened, and Scott said no to, ya know, The guy beat the living shit out of him. Kirstie remember how he told us that he fell down stairs, and that's why he was all bruised up when he came back to school? Thats not what happened." Mitch tells the group.

"That's why when everything went down with my ex fiance i went to him because i knew hed understand everything. And that's also why that guy never came back to school." Mitch adds. Sadness fills the room, and even though I'm upset, i cant stand this constant depression. 

"Ok that's enough sad things. we are supposed to be celebrating the fact that me and Mitch are FINALLY a couple." I smile and look at Mitch. I slam my lips against his, as the rest of the group cheers for us. I pull away.

"I love you." Mitch says looking directly into my eyes.

"I love you too." I say wrapping him in a hug.