Chapter 5: The Truth Comes Out?

KIRSTIE P.O.V

"What! " I groan at Kirstie. 

"I'm going to get a glass of water, do you want anything from the kitchen?" I ask biting my lip. I couldn't tell him.  

"Um..no thanks." Scott answers. He sounds confused but i don't blame him, i changed my mind at the last minute. I grab my phone and walk into the kitchen. I open my messages and text Kevin. 

UPDATE: Doesn't want food or water at the moment. Still lying in bed, i cant tell if he is still crying or not. And really?! Mitch has feelings for Scott? I wonder how long this has been going on. How do neither of them realize that they have feelings for each other.

~Kirstie

Kevin almost immediately responds.

Wait really?? Scott has feelings for Mitch too? And maybe its because neither of them talk about it, i had to basically force it out of Mitch.

~Kevin

I roll my eyes at the text, knowing that he is 100% correct. It seems to be the one thing the two of them don't know about each other. 

I had to force it out of Scott too, actually i more guessed it and he gave in. 

~Kirstie

I put my phone on the counter and pour myself a glass of water before walking back into Scott's room. I walk into Scott's room, noticing that he is no longer laying face down on his bed, he is now sitting up and on his phone. He looks up at me. 

SCOTT P.O.V

I look up at Kirstie. 

"Can you go home? I just need to be alone right now." I look at her. i probably would start crying again, but not only do i not have the energy for that it seems as if i have simply run out of tears. I feel like Kirstie thinks that I'm overreacting. How are you supposed to react when your best friend that your secretly in love with, kisses you. Why? Why did he do it? Did he feel sorry for me or something because i was upset? Or was it actually me who initiated it? 

"O-o-ok.." Kirstie says. She sounds disappointed and worried but she respects me and walks out of my room. I open the messages on my phone. I cant do this. I start typing a message to Mitch. 

I cant do this. I'm sorry

~Scott

Those 6 words are the hardest words i have ever typed. I don't even know exactly what i mean by them. All i know is that i cant keep feeling like this. 

MITCH P.O.V

I wake up to my phone vibrating in my pocket. I pull out my phone and noticed a text from Scott. My heart races.

I cant do this. I'm sorry.

~Scott

My heart races. What exactly cant he do? My body fills with panic. Is Kirstie still with him? What is going on?  I jump up off of the couch and run to Kevin. 

"Kevin, is Kirstie still with Scott?" I ask panicked. I try to act like I'm not freaking out inside, but i guess I'm not that good at hiding things. He looks at me confused but i can tell that he is worried.

"No, he told her to go home not to long ago, and she left, why?" He said looking even more worried than before. My body fills with fear. Scott is alone? He ASKED her to leave??? I grab my keys off of his counter. 

"I have to go." I shout while running out of his apartment. I sprint to my car as fast as i can, and drive home. Fear runs through my body, and this drive couldn't take any longer. I run up the stairs of my apartment building, and burst through the door. 

"SCOTT!!!" I yell trying my best not to break down crying. 

"SCOTT!!" I run into his room. He looks up at me confused. His face is bright red, and his eyes are bloodshot. Relief fills my body. THANK GOD HE IS OK. I run over to him and wrap my arms around him as tight as i can. He still appears to be confused and his body is limp.

"Mitch..." He whispers. Tears fill my eyes, but i try not to start crying again. Hearing him upset is my weakness, it makes me feel like I'm dying inside. 

"Scott you cant scare me like that.... i thought-" He cuts me off. 

"Mitch!" He practically yells. I let go of my grip on him and look him in the eye. His tone frightens me. 

"What?" I ask nervously. I keep my voice quiet, i don't want to make him mad, he already probably hates me. 

"I'm sorry." He whispers shaking his head.

"Why, you did nothing wrong." I whisper and put my arm around him pulling him in close. 

"I scared you." He choked out. He's right he did scare me, but i made him cry all. day. That's just not a fair argument. 

"And i kissed you." I say being sure to not make eye contact. Panic runs through my body. I cant believe that i just said that out loud. Just looking at his sad face make me want to break down. He looks at me, and even though I'm not looking back at him, i know hes staring right at me. 

SCOTT'S P.O.V

"And i kissed you." His words echo through my head. It wasn't me. He actually kissed me. Why? What does this mean. My heart races, and i try to think of a way to reply to him, but my mind goes blank. I look at Mitch, hoping that he will turn his head and look me right in the eye, but i know him well enough to know that he wont. I have to kiss him. If i kiss him, maybe he wont feel so shitty anymore. Maybe he wont blame himself for me being an emotional disaster. 

"Mitch." I whisper as soothingly as i can. 

MITCH P.O.V

I hear Scott whisper my name, and i try to hold back tears. After all this, he still is so kind. I feel Scott lightly touch my chin, and turn my head toward him forcing me to make eye contact with him. He lifts my chin and moves my face closer to his. I feel his hand shaking on my chin, making it evident that he is nervous. Slowly he leans in, kissing me. Just like the other previous kisses electricity runs through my body. I wrap my arms around his neck, and he wraps his around my waist. He pulls me closer into him, and i do the same. I notice him trying to deepen the kiss, and i let him, because i want to. Scott pulls away, and leans his forehead against mine. I feel his breath on my neck and i can tell he is short of breath, i am too. 

"Scott? Why?" I ask out of breath. Nerves run through my body. 

"Because, Mitch, I am in love with you." My heart stops.