Chapter 6: Believe it or Not....

MITCH P.O.V

My heart stops. I don't even know what to say. Scott continues to stare at me nervously. He is in love with me? What? Is this why he has been acting so strange? Is this why he got so upset and confused after i kissed him?

"I-i-i'm so-" I cut him off by slamming my lips against his. Instantly he wraps his arms around my waist and i feel him smile through the kiss. I pull away and look him straight in the eye my heart racing. Nerves run through my body,but the good kind. I see Scott smile, and it feels likes its the first time i have truly seen him smile in a while which causes a huge smile to spread across my face.

"Scott," I pause looking him straight in the eye. His smile fades, and he begins to look nervous.

"I love you too." I see his face light up and he begins to blush. I am probably blushing too. I place my arms on his waist, as he leans in to kiss me once again. Scott falls back on the bed, causing me to lay on top of us, our lips only parting long enough to catch out breath. He wraps his arms around my waist, and pulls me closer to him. I pull away and rest my head on his chest.

"I'm sorry for freaking out so much." He apologizes.

"Scott, you had every right to freak out. We have been best friends since we were ten years old, and i just kissed you. When Kirstie caught us i panicked, so why shouldn't have you? You had every right to get upset, but i wish i didn't cause you so much pain. You looked so hurt and that just killed me. " I confess. Scott kisses my forehead.

"It only hurt because i was scared." Scott whispers. I roll off of him and lay next to him.

"Is that why you have been acting so strange lately?" I ask thinking back to all the moments where Scott has acted out.

"Mitch, i have always loved you, but i was able to put it away in the back of my mind for so long, i was able to tell myself not to. But then it just grew to strong to ignore, and it took over everything." Scott turns his head toward me. I cuddle myself into him, and he wraps his arm around me.

"That's why you wouldn't talk to me wasn't it." I think back to me trying to figure out why he was acting strange, and him yelling at me instead of actually talking to me. He nods his head, showing me that i am right.

**

I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket. I take it out and the first thing i notice is that it is 10:30am. Did we really fall asleep so early last night. I answer the call.

"Hello?" I say sleepily. I rub my eyes trying to wake myself up more.

"Hey Mitch! How are you? Have you talked to Scott?" I lower the volume on my phone, its way too loud for morning.

"Hey Kirstie, and I'm fine, so is Scott. He's still sleeping, we fell asleep really early, you woke me up actually." I laugh a bit.

"Are you guys coming to rehearsal?" She asks. Shit i totally forgot about rehearsal.

"Course. I'm going to go wake up Scott now, It starts at 11:30 right?" I ask, still feeling like i am half asleep.

"Yes it is!" She answers. She sounds like shes been awake for hours.

"Ok we'll see you then." I hang up the phone and throw it down on the bed. I look over at Scott who is still sleeping. I stare at him debating on how to wake him up. I lean in close to his face and wake him with a kiss. He doesn't return the kiss for a few seconds, but once he wakes up he does. I pull away.

"Good morning Scott." I say looking into his blue eyes. He smiles at me.

"Good morning Mitch. What time is it?" He asks groggily. He rubs his eyes. I notice that they are still slightly bloodshot from crying yesterday.

"Its 10:40. We have rehearsal in less than an hour." I look at him. He jumps up.

"Wait what?! We slept that long! Shit!" He jumps out of bed and rubs his eyes again.

"Scott calm down its ok.Lets just get ready and go, we have plenty of time." I stand up and put my hand on his back to try and calm him down.

**

"You ready?" Scott asks me as he parks his car in the parking lot to the recording studio.

"Not quite." I smile at him and lean in for a kiss before rehearsal. He leans in and i give him a quick kiss before exiting the car.

I walk into the studio, and we are the last ones there. As we enter all eyes are on us. Shocker.

"Hey guys." Kevin says kindly.

"Hey!" I say smiling.

"You guys ready?" Scott asks looking at our band mates.

Avi gets up and leads us into the recording booth to start rehearsal.

**

SCOTT P.O.V

I walk out of the recording booth and sit on the couch in our green room. Mitch sits down next to me. I rest my head on the back of the couch tired from our recording session. Mitch leans forward and grabs a bottle of water off of the table, and throws it at me.

"Hey!" I yell and hit him with a pillow. Mitch laughs, and i instantly burst out into laughter with him. Kirstie, Avi and Kevin stare at us strangely.

"What's with the looks?" I ask looking at my band mates.

"Its just that yesterday the two of you were a mess... and now it seems like nothing even happened." Kirstie explains.

"Kirstie, come on now, we are best friends, we cant stay upset with each other forever!" I announce probably too happily. Kirstie raises an eyebrow at me.

"Scott can i talk to you?" Kirstie asks like she is worried about something.

"Aren't we talking right now?" I respond sarcastically.

"Alone, can i talk to you alone Scott!" She raises her voice angrily. I get up and walk out of our green room, Kirstie following. She closes the door behind her.

"What?" I ask. Anger fills me. She is never going to drop this is she!

"What changed? Yesterday it seemed like the two of you didn't even want to look at each other never mind actually talking, and today you are completely fine!" She yells in a whisper.

"I talked to Mitch!" I yell back in a whisper.

"Wait what? What did you tell him!" She asks, a smile now forming on her face.

"Everything." I answer. She wraps me into a hug.

"Good." Was the only thing she could say. I smile remembering my conversation with Mitch last night. I pull away from our hug and walk back into the green room. I sit back down in the spot next to Mitch where i was sitting before Kirstie pulled me out of the room. Part of me wants to kiss Mitch right now, right here, but i cant. I don't know how the others would react, and most importantly i don't know how Mitch would react, and i really don't want to screw this up...again.