Chapter 4: Caught

MITCH P.O.V

I stand in the kitchen, Scott's arms wrapped around me. My body fills with guilt from yelling at him earlier. I bury my face into his shoulder letting his shirt dry my tears. I pull him into the hug tighter, feeling as if i never want to let go. 

"Stop crying please Mitch." Scott whispers sending shivers down my spine. I lift my head off of his shoulder and look him straight in the eye. Our arms are still wrapped around each others body, keeping us close. I look directly into his puffy red eyes. He really must have been crying for quite some time. His eyes are watering like crazy, and it almost seems that he is going to break at any second. Our faces rest barley two inches apart, and every part of me wants to kiss him, right here, right now. I lift my arms and wrap them around his neck, which pulls us even closer together. I look into his eyes and decide that i cant hold back. I lean in slowly, and raise onto my tip toes to match his height. My heart races and finally my lips meet him. A large electric shock goes through my whole body, and i feel him tighten his grip around my waist. I hear a noise from behind me but that doesn't stop me. I deepen the kiss even more, and i feel a tear fall from Scott's eye onto my face. 

"Oh my god!" I hear a shout from behind me. I pull away from Scott quickly, and out of breath. Scott doesn't move, he remains in the same place, and hes completely out of breath. 

"Scott, i'm so sorry."  Tears fall from my eyes. Scott turns around, and slowly walks into his room. 

KIRSTIE P.O.V

I walk out of Scott's room, hoping to see that Scott and Mitch aren't fighting anymore. Right as i exit i stop short. Mitch and Scott stand with their arms wrapped around each other, KISSING. My heart races. SCOTT. 

"Oh my god!" I shout unsure what to actually say. Mitch quickly pulls away from Scott, shocked. I cant tell if he is out of breath from the kiss, or if its because i scared the living shit out of him. Scott remains standing there and doesn't move. From the way his chest is moving i can tell that he is out of breath also. 

"Scott, I'm so sorry." Tears flow from Mitch's eyes and Scott turns around and slowly walks into his room. 

Mitch looks directly at me, tears flowing down his face. I mouth 'I'm sorry' to him, and walk into Scott's room closing the door behind me.

"Scott?" I ask. He lays on his bed, with his buried in his pillow. He is shaking, so he must be crying again. I try to not let myself cry because of him.

"Can you please leave?" Scott chokes out. Tears start to fall from my eyes.

"Scott..." My voice cracks, and i try to hide that I'm crying.

"Kirstie please. Please go make sure that Mitch is ok, please." He looks up and practically yelled. His face is sad and tear stained, his eyes bloodshot from crying so much. I get up and walk out of Scott's room, closing the door behind me. 

I look over to the couch, where Mitch is sitting, also crying. 

"Mitch.... What happened?" I sit next to him and put my arm around him. 

"I kissed him." He choked out. Wait? He kissed Scott? 

"And now i have ruined everything." He starts crying harder. Tears run down my cheeks. 

"Why?" I ask through tears. Mitch looks away from me and gets up. 

"I have to go. I'll be back." He wipes tears from his eyes and grabs his keys off of the counter. 

"Mitch where are you going!?" I yell.

"Out!" He yells slamming the apartment door behind him causing me to jump. I walk back over to Scott's door and slowly enter the room. I sit down on the edge of the bed and rub Scott's back trying to comfort him. I can see why this kills Scott, but i still don't quite understand why Mitch is so upset. 

MITCH P.O.V

I walk up to Kevin and Avi's apartment door and knock viciously. Tears rush down my face and my heart is racing. The door opens revealing Kevin behind it, and Avi sitting on the living room couch. 

"Mitch? Whats wrong!" Kevin drags me inside and closes the door behind me. Avi stand up and rushes over. I collapse onto the floor crying even harder now, almost like Scott was after watching The Fault in Our Stars. 

"Scott.." Is all i managed to choke out. I could tell Kevin knew exactly what i meant with that, and i left Avi completely confused. 

"What about Scott? Is he ok?" Avi asks panicked. 

"Avi i'm sure Scott is fine, can i talk to Mitch alone please?" Kevin asks Avi. Avi gets up slowly and walks into his room closing the door behind him.

"What happened Mitch?" Kevin asks placing his hand on my shoulder. 

"I-I-I-I k-k-k-k-i-ssed h-h-him." I stutter. Kevin looks shocked. 

"How did he react?" He asks. I look up at him. Why would i be here crying right now if it had been all rainbows and butterflies. 

"Well if Kirstie didn't catch us then maybe it would have been different. He was just blank, and then went to his room and Kirstie went to him, then to me and i just left. I couldn't take it." I yell. Kevin stands up and offers me a hand to help me up. I grab his hand and let him pull me off of the ground. I go to his couch and sit down trying to wipe away his tears. 

"I'm going to call Kirstie and tell her that your here so she doesn't freak out." Kevin picks up his phone and steps out of the apartment. 

KIRSTIE P.O.V

My phone buzzes next to me. Its Kevin. Could he call at a worse time? Probably. I grab my phone and step out of Scott's room. 

"Hello?" I answer. 

"Hey I just wanted you to know that Mitch is here with me and Avi, he told me everything that happened and i just wanted you to know that hes ok." Kevin informs me. Oh thank god. 

"Thanks, i was really worried about where he went." I say relieved.

"I knew you would be. How's Scott?" He asks. I peek through the his door way, he hasn't moved.

"Um....he's been better.." I say not sure exactly how he is. I hear Kevin sigh through the phone. 

"Ok well I'm going to talk to Mitch, ill keep you updated ok?" 

"Ok, thank you Kevin." I hang up the phone and walk into Scott's room.

"Scott please talk to me." I beg.

"I hated it so much." He manages to choke out. 

"The kiss? Why?" I asked shocked that he actually talked to me and confused on why he hated it. 

"I hated it because it was perfect. I hated it because if you hadn't walked in i don't think he would have pulled away. I hated it because he kissed me. I hated because i don't know why he kissed me." Scott looks up at me. The sight of his bright red tear stained face, and bloodshot eyes made me cringe.

"Scott.....I'm sorry...." I choke out. 

"Don't be. Its not your fault." He rubs his eyes and rests his head on his pillow. I pulled out my phone and texted Kevin. 

hey, look no secrets, we need to get to the bottom of this, i hate seeing them this upset, it is literally killing me inside. Do you know why Mitch kissed Scott. 

~Kirstie.

Barely a minute later Kevin texts me back. 

UPDATE: Mitch fell asleep on the couch. And I don't know why he chose that moment to kiss him, but i know that he has feelings for Scott. How is Scott doing?

~Kevin

I look at my phone in shock, and debate whether or not to tell Scott. 

"Scott?" I ask

"What!" He groans. I hold my breath for a second trying to decide if i am making the right decision.